KIEV, Ukraine - Hundreds of people gathered in the Ukrainian capital on Wednesday to mark the 69th anniversary of the Nazi massacre of tens of thousands of Jews.
BEIRUT - Lebanese soldiers patrolled a Beirut neighborhood and residents stepped over spent bullet casings and broken glass Wednesday after deadly street battles between the Shiite Hezbollah group and a small Sunni faction killed at least four people.
BEIRUT - Lebanese Shiite and Sunni groups fought street battles using machine guns and rocket-propelled grenades for more than four hours Tuesday, killing three people and wounding several others just blocks from a busy downtown packed with summer tourists.
LAGOS, Nigeria - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will visit Nigeria this weekend as the West African nation assumes the rotating presidency of the United Nations' security council, an Iranian diplomat said Thursday.
BAGHDAD - Iraq's new parliament convened for just under 20 minutes Monday in what was little more than a symbolic inaugural session because of unresolved differences over key government positions - a precarious political limbo three months after inconclusive elections.
- New Iraqi parliament meets as rivals deadlocked
- Attackers strike sect mosques in Pakistan; 20 dead
- 20 killed in attack on 2 sect mosques in Pakistan
- Local Pakistan politicians shelter militants
- Nigeria urged to investigate religious violence
- Hundreds slaughtered in Nigeria religious violence
- Nigeria: More than 200 dead in religious violence
- Iraq's Sunnis fear election could spark violence
- Iraqi vote shows deep divides still facing country
- Police: 326 killed in Nigeria religious violence
- US Marines' Iraq command ends; Biden in Baghdad
- 5,000 displaced after violence in northern Nigeria
- Pakistani security forces kill 5 foreign militants
- Pakistani Taliban claim Karachi bombing
- Pakistani Christians fearful this Christmas
- Indian probe blames mosque attack on Hindu leaders
- India probe blames mosque attack on Hindu leaders
- Yemen conflict inflaming Saudi-Iranian rivalry
- Iraq sentences militia leader to death
- Gunmen kill 13 men execution style west of Baghdad
- 13 bullet-riddled bodies found west of Baghdad