WASHINGTON - Ethics trials for two prominent House Democrats were set Thursday for after the midterm elections, depriving Republicans of headlines that could become campaign ads.
CHICAGO - While Gov. Pat Quinn has accused his opponent of telling voters fairy tales about balancing the budget, he provided only a hazy picture Monday of how he would close the $13 billion deficit and then move Illinois forward.
SAO PAULO - A former Marxist guerrilla chosen by Brazil's beloved leader to succeed him will face a centrist rival in a presidential runoff after failing to get enough votes to win Sunday's election outright, according to official results.
SAO PAULO - A one-time Marxist guerrilla chosen by Brazil's beloved leader to succeed him took a wide lead in Sunday's presidential election, but a second-round vote seemed inevitable, said top officials within the government and the ruling party.
SAO PAULO - A one-time Marxist guerrilla chosen by Brazil's most popular leader in history to succeed him took a wide lead in Sunday's presidential election, but a second-round vote was possible, a TV network's exit poll indicated Sunday.
- Brazil TV exit poll shows Rousseff with wide lead
- NY GOP gov hopeful: Dem rival took post-HUD payoff
- Ethics panel faces partisan split over trial dates
- Aid groups cheer Obama development plan
- Ark. GOP files ethics complaint against Lincoln
- Obama rallies black support at lawmakers' dinner
- NY Rep Rangel wins primary, despite ethics charges
- Rangel undeterred by ethics charges, grudge match
- House panel recommends 3 for further investigation
- Rep. Rangel affirms support for Obama at NY debate
- Accused CA rep hits ethics office for sloppy work
- Texas lawmaker he doubled-billed for travel
- Still Waters: Lawmaker remains popular at home
- Top Dems rally around Rep. Rangel at NY fundraiser
- Embattled Rep. Rangel thanks crowd at fundraiser
- Top Dems to rally around Rangel at NY fundraiser
- Handel concedes race for GOP Ga. gov nomination
- GOP runoff for Ga. governor too close to call
- Rangel: 'Don't leave me swinging in the wind'
- Calif Rep. Waters wants ethics charges made public
- Waters asks for trial before November elections
- Democrats declare swamp of corruption drained
- Rangel using 3-way defense against ethics charges
- California Rep. Waters may face fall ethics trial
- Ethics panel to charge California Rep. Waters
- Dems urge Rangel to resign; Obama: Case troubling
- More Democrats say Rep. Rangel should resign
- Democrats say Rangel should resign
- Two Democrats say Rangel should resign
- Gibbs: 'Some very serious charges' against Rangel
- GOP gets wish: Rangel case in campaign season
- Lawyers for Rangel, ethics committee reach deal
- Ethics panel accuses Rangel of 13 violations
- Jury of Rangel's peers to meet in ethics case
- Calls for Rangel to quit could escalate if no deal