DENVER - At a time of budget cuts, Democratic Gov.
LINCOLN, Neb. - Nebraska Gov. Dave Heineman signed into law $334 million in budget reductions on Friday, after lawmakers overwhelmingly approved the cuts during an emergency session in which there was little disagreement over how to close the largest budget gap in recent memory.
BOSTON - The top budget official in Massachusetts says the Legislature has taken a "risky" approach by adjourning for the remainder of the year without closing a projected $125 million state budget deficit.
PHOENIX - A Democratic legislative leader criticized Republican Gov.
ALBANY, N.Y. - New York lawmakers headed home Thursday without agreement on how to address the state's fiscal crisis.
- Arizona Senate disarray extends special session
- Miss. proposal to merge black schools draws fire
- Health bill nears debate after positive CBO review
- Ohio lawmakers deadlocked again on budget fix
- Senate Dems to make gov't plan widely available
- Senate girds for historic debate on health bill
- AP source: Reid's health bill to cover 31 million
- AP source: Reid's bill to cover 31 million
- Ariz. Legislature begins special session on budget