NAGPUR - The state Bharatiya Janata Party has demanded prohibition in Chandrapur and Yavatmal districts of Vidarbha in eastern Maharashtra as free availability of alcohol in these areas was posing serious social problems.
NAGPUR - Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi arrived here Thursday on a three-day whirlwind tour of Maharashtra to boost the party's membership drive among backward castes, minorities and women.
NAGPUR - Maharashtra legislators Thursday unanimously agreed to hike their salaries, perks and allowances, raising their emoluments to around Rs.72,000 per head per month.
NAGPUR - The opposition created a ruckus in the Maharashtra assembly Thursday, the last day of its winter session, demanding Vilasrao Deshmukh's resignation from the union cabinet for favouring a legislator when he was the chief minister.
NAGPUR - Farmers of Maharashtra's Vidarbha region have urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to sack Vilasrao Deshmukh as heavy industries minister after the Supreme Court Tuesday pulled him up for interfering in the enforcement of a law to regulate private money lending in the state.
- Two retired judges to probe Adarsh scam: Prithviraj Chavan
- Chavan meets over 50 delegations in three hours
- Politicians, celebrities at Gadkari son’s wedding bash
- Over 15,000 guests expected at Gadkari’s son’s marriage reception in Nagpur
- Five Sena MLAs suspended for a year, opposition furious
- Nitin Gadkari’s son’s four-day mega wedding bash begins
- BJP leader Gadkari defends Ajmer blast accused Indresh Kumar
- Congress appeasing minorities: RSS chief
- Government should not take decision against army: Gadkari
- Students told to wear shoes to meet Gandhi
- ‘Chappals’ frowned upon at Rahul Gandhi event!
- Gadkari to open Maulana Azad seminar
- Vidarbha shutdown total, groups want statehood by Jan 28 (Second Lead)
- Vidarbha shutdown total, trains stopped
- Statehood call shuts down Maharashtra’s Vidarbha region
- Vidarbha, Telengana ’states’ welcome motorists at border
- Vidarbha widows on ‘Jagran yatra’ for separate statehood
- Vidarbha shutdown called Jan 20, united front formed
- Four men try to climb telecom tower for separate Vidarbha
- Two-day stir for separate Vidarbha state begins
- Gadkari hails Gujarat’s decision to make voting mandatory in local body elections
- Gadkari will take back estranged leaders after consultations
- Gadkari receives warm welcome at Nagpur
- Pro-Vidarbha activists halt train near Nagpur
- Maharashtra assembly session starts Tuesday
- Bal Thackeray a coward, says Ashok Singhal