NAYPYITAW - Myanmar's democracy is still in its "infancy" and requires safeguarding by the people, the country's outgoing junta chief said Saturday.
NAYPYITAW - Myanmar's parliament Tuesday nominated five candidates for president, and the country's junta chief was not on the list.
NAYPYITAW - Myanmar's next president will be an elected member of parliament, ruling out the country's current military supremo as a candidate, state media announced Monday.
NAYPYITAW - Myanmar's new parliament Monday elected two military men as speakers of the upper and lower chambers in its first session since the Nov 7 general election.
NAYPYITAW - Security was tight Sunday around Myanmar's newly built parliament compound, which will be used for the first time this week by legislators elected in the country's first polls in two decades last November.
- Aung San Suu Kyi’s Release Draws Worldwide Attention
- Myanmar refuses to invite foreign election observers
- Chinese dissident Liu wins Nobel Peace Prize
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi sues to keep her party intact
- Myanmar abuzz over possible release of Suu Kyi
- Myanmar's prime minister issues election warning
- Myanmar: working for 'free and fair' vote
- Nations warn Myanmar to free prisoners
- Official Myanmar election campaign begins
- Suu Kyi's party warned over election criticism
- Myanmar cancels voting plans for some areas
- Myanmar media denounce those who push vote boycott
- Myanmar media confirm junta chief retains power
- Myanmar parties complain election fee too high
- Myanmar generals shed uniforms ahead of election
- Veteran Myanmar politician says gov't party to win
- Myanmar junta proxy party opens offices
- Myanmar lays down tough rules for upcoming polls
- Myanmar pro-democracy leaders praise US decision
- White House: US to support UN inquiry in Myanmar
- Newspaper: US to support UN inquiry in Myanmar
- Old rebellion, harsh foe swell Myanmar exile camps
- EU tells Myanmar world is watching its elections
- Myanmar junta sets election date for Nov 7
- Myanmar junta sets election date of Nov. 7
- Quiet ceremonies mark Myanmar's bloody anniversary
- Fabled Burmese fighters forgotten but forgiving
- US 'carefully watching' Myanmar-NKorea talks
- North Korean FM visits Myanmar amid nuke concerns
- Suu Kyi party renegades register for elections
- Myanmar: No chanting to drum up political support
- Myanmar's Aung San Suu Kyi turns 65 in confinement
- US senator nixes Myanmar trip over nuclear concern
- Myanmar opposition marks anniversary of victory
- Myanmar junta rejects international poll monitors