MUNICH - Afghan President Hamid Karzai sought Sunday to reassure Western investors that he was serious about fighting rampant corruption as the annual Munich Security Conference drew to a close.
BERLIN - Munich's mayor has tapped the first keg, opening this year's annual Oktoberfest in southern Germany, where millions of guest from around the globe are expected to clink mugs of frothy beer in celebration of 200 years of the world renown festival.
MUNICH - The German court trying John Demjanjuk heard statements made to Soviet authorities by a now-deceased guard at the Nazis' Sobibor death camp who apparently said he remembered Demjanjuk serving there.
MUNICH, Germany - Ukrainian guards risked being killed by their SS supervisors if they tried to flee Nazi death camps where they served, according to evidence presented Monday at the trial of John Demjanjuk, the retired Ohio autoworker accused of being a death camp guard.
MUNICH - A German historian has presented documents at the trial of John Demjanjuk showing that a man with the same ID card number and a very similar name was a guard at the Flossenbuerg concentration camp.
- Ex-prosecutor says Demjanjuk story inconsistent
- Ex-Nazi camp official did not remember Demjanjuk
- Demjanjuk expert: ID card photo removed
- Demjanjuk expert: D.ocuments could be faked
- Demjanjuk suffers heart pain; trial postponed
- Demjanjuk casts himself as a victim of Hitler
- Investigator: Demjanjuk on Nazi death camp papers
- Wolfgang Wagner, longtime Bayreuth director, dies
- Demjanjuk trial hears how Nazi guards recruited
- Witness statement questioned at Demjanjuk trial
- Demjanjuk trial hears of Nazi guards' use at camps
- Demjanjuk trial: Former Nazi camp guard testifies
- Holocaust expert testifies in Demjanjuk trial
- NATO mulls relations with China, India, Russia at conference
- Let Afghans run Afghanistan, urges Karzai
- Karzai: Afghanistan may institute conscription
- Gates says it's not too late for Iran sanctions
- Iran must give guarantees on nuclear programme: say EU, US
- Western officials dismiss Iranian nuclear proposal
- Chinese FM urges patience in Iran nuclear talks
- China urges patience in Iran talks
- Iran last minute addition to Munich security event
- Munich Security conference looking beyond Europe
- Demjanjuk trial witness describes deportation
- Demjanjuk trial witnesses tell of loved ones lost
- Demjanjuk trial day canceled due to illness
- Nazi victims' families testify at Demjanjuk trial
- Prosecutors lay out Nazi charges against Demjanjuk
- Demjanjuk trial opens on Nazi death camp charges
- Demjanjuk trial on Nazi death camp charges opens
- Demjanjuk tried on Nazi death camp charges
- Demjanjuk goes on trial in Germany
- German trial is new twist in Demjanjuk saga
- Mistress' diary: Mussolini was fierce anti-Semite