MOGADISHU, Somalia - Witnesses say at least 12 people have been killed in Somalia's capital in fighting between government forces and an Islamic militia group.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - At least 17 civilians were killed Thursday when government forces backed by the firepower of African Union peacekeepers launched coordinated attacks against Islamic insurgent strongholds in the Somali capital, officials said.
DETROIT - An appeals court has ruled nine members of a Michigan militia must stay locked up while the government challenges an order that would release them until trial.
DETROIT - Nine Michigan militia members accused of conspiring to overthrow the government are one step closer to being released from jail while they await trial.
DETROIT - A judge has cleared the way for nine members of a Michigan militia to be released from jail while awaiting trial on a charge of conspiring to overthrow the government.
- Judge: Militia members can leave jail until trial
- 9 accused of plotting war on US can post bond
- Housewives, bankers battle in Chavez militia
- Somali militants increasing use of child soldiers
- Militia releases 8 Red Cross workers in east Congo
- Okla. lawmaker disavows 'militia' comments
- Okla. lawmaker changes tone of militia support
- Okla. tea parties and lawmakers envision militia
- Okla. tea party leaders, lawmakers eye militia
- Transcript: Militia chief advocates killing 'cops'
- Magistrate orders militia suspects to stay jailed
- AP Sources: Militia suspected police-killing plot
- Afghan militants battle Taliban, defect to gov't
- Iraq's Sunnis fear election could spark violence
- Report: Congo militia recruits child witch doctors
- Anti-American bloc gains ground ahead of Iraq vote
- Somali Islamist militias clash over southern town
- Rights group urges Colombia to control militias
- British troops feared civilian casualties in Basra
- UK agreed cease-fire with Iraqi militants in Basra
- Insurgent foe's slaying shows cracks near Baghdad
- S Philippines grapples with crisis after crisis
- Philippines lifts martial law in southern province
- Philippines grapples with disarming wild militia
- Philippines names 100 more suspects in massacre
- Philippine police: 161 suspects in massacre sought
- Students, militia clash in 2nd day of Iran protest
- Civil war feared in Guinea as militia grows
- Key anti-Taliban figure assassinated in Pakistan
- Pakistan: Militants kill 3 anti-Taliban figures
- Filipino who lost wife in massacre files candidacy
- Philippines prepares to charge suspect in massacre
- Philippine massacre suspect to face murder charges
- Prime suspect in Philippine massacre to be charged
- Prime suspect in Philippine massacre surrenders