SIRTE, Libya - Arab ministers agreed Friday to give the United States another month to try to persuade Israel to renew curbs on West Bank settlement construction and keep Mideast peace talks from collapsing.
ISTANBUL - Maniac, terrorist, baby-killer, traitor.
KARACHI, Pakistan - The streets of Pakistan's largest city were mostly quiet Friday as police stepped up patrols to prevent more violence after twin suicide attacks at a Sufi shrine sparked angry mobs to rampage through the southern Pakistani city.
MARJAH, Afghanistan - The young Marine had a simple question for the farmer with the white beard: Have you seen any Taliban today? The answer came within seconds - from insurgents hiding nearby who ended the conversation with bursts of automatic rifle fire that sent deadly rounds cracking overhead.
KARACHI, Pakistan - Police say blasts have occurred at a famed Sufi shrine in the southern Pakistani city of Karachi.
- Yemen: Rocket attack targets British embassy car
- 5 Germans said killed in Pakistan missile strike
- No end in sight to Pakistan-NATO supply standoff
- Poll: US strikes unpopular in Pakistan tribal belt
- Pakistan cuts NATO supply line after border firing
- Yemeni army drives al-Qaida out of besieged town
- 21 killed in fighting in Somalia's capital city
- 19 killed in fighting in Somalia's capital city
- Besieged al-Qaida militants battling Yemeni troops
- Al-Qaida militants still battling Yemeni troops
- UN experts: Israel flotilla raid broke int'l law
- CIA Afghan paramilitary force hunts militants
- Israel warns of violence if peace talks fail
- Mogadishu mayor aims to restore basics amid rubble
- Israeli troops kill Hamas militant in West Bank
- 15 die in Somalia as parliament demands gov't vote
- Amid peace talks, Gaza shells and Israel air raids
- Israeli aircraft strike Gaza as leaders convene
- Colombian rebels kill 8 police in mortar attack
- Somali refugees tell of hellish scene in Mogadishu
- Somalis scramble to escape fighting in capital
- Spain rejects truce by Basque separatist group
- Abbas: Will quit peace talks if no building freeze
- Gaza smugglers dead, missing in Israeli strikes
- Philippine police kill militant commander, 2 men
- AU peacekeepers establish more bases in Somalia
- 'Cautiously hopeful' _ Mideast peace talks begin
- Obama cautiously hopeful as Mideast talks begin
- Palestinian militant wound 2 Israelis in West Bank
- Israeli settlers to resume West Bank construction
- Armed militias: a quandary for Lebanon, US
- Fearing the future, few Iraqis cheer US departure
- Mortar hits Somalia pres. palace, kills 4 Ugandans
- Pakistan security forces end hostage drama
- 14 militants, 1 policeman killed in Russia