TRIPOLI/MANAMA/MUSCAT - Anti-government protesters in Libya gained control of four cities and formed a council to begin the transition of power from Muammar Gaddafi's 41-year-old regime as Canada too slapped sanctions on the oil-rich country.
TRIPOLI/MANAMA/MUSCAT - Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's vice-like grip weakened with nearly 100,000 people fleeing the country Monday and more areas slipping out of his control.
MANAMA - Bahrain protesters Monday blocked the entrances to the upper house of the National Assembly, or Shura, forcing a temporary shut down.
MANAMA - Bahrain's King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa has issued directions for a cabinet reshuffle, as pressure continues to mount on the government from anti-government protesters.
MANAMA - A key exiled Bahraini opposition leader Saturday returned to the country amid continued anti-government demonstrations.
- Bahrain’s king sacks four ministers
- Al Qaeda backs Libya unrest amid genocide reports (Roundup)
- Bahrain’s opposition lists demands as protests rise
- Protests singe Arab world, Gaddafi defiant as Libya burns (Roundup)
- Bahrain free prisoners, king leaves for Saudi Arabia
- Protests continue in Arab world, aircraft bomb Tripoli (Roundup)
- Arab world simmers; Gaddafi’s son warns of rivers of blood (Intro Roundup)
- Arab world simmers; Gaddafi’s son warns of rivers of blood (Roundup)
- Protesters camp at square in Bahrain capital
- Unrest spreads in Arab world, scalds China (Intro Roundup)
- Arab world unrest spreads, scalds China (Roundup)
- Protesters remain in Manama’s Pearl Square
- Briton blamed for Bahrain crackdown
- Bahrain protesters return to square as military withdraws
- Military to withdraw from Bahrain streets
- Bahrain opposition declines talks with government
- 66 injured as troops fire at protesters in Bahrain
- Egypt effect one week on: rebellion rages across region, scores dead
- Thousands attend funerals of clash-victims in Bahrain
- Bahrain king hails military crackdown on protesters
- Three die in Bahrain as police attack sleeping protesters
- Three more dead in Bahrain protests
- Bahrain king condoles protesters’ deaths
- The Mubarak effect - protests spread near and far
- Bahrain king phones Egyptian military chief
- ‘North Korea, Iran nuclear plans threaten world stability’
- Shiites say Bahrain crackdown sets back relations
- NY mosque imam: extremism is global threat