MINNEAPOLIS - Former President Bill Clinton said Tuesday that the Republican Party is embracing "ideology over evidence" and pushing out pragmatic voices that would make even his White House successor seem like a liberal.
CANBERRA, Australia - One of Australia's kingmaker independent lawmakers said Tuesday he will support opposition leader Tony Abbott's conservative coalition after inconclusive elections, bringing the conservatives closer to forming a minority government.
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia's opposition Liberal Party had overstated national savings from their election promises by up to 10.6 billion Australian dollars ($9.7 billion), according to official figures released Wednesday by independent lawmakers who are likely to decide which political party forms the next government.
CANBERRA, Australia - Prime Minister Julia Gillard said she started negotiating with independent lawmakers Sunday in a bid to cling to power because no major party won a majority of parliamentary seats in Australia's general elections.
- Australian PM says elections too close to call
- Liberal group buys TV ad decrying Target donation
- Liberal groups push to exploit Target backlash
- Kucinich to Gibbs: You've read the liberals wrong
- Obama spokesman stands by remarks on liberals
- 3 women on high court: Historic but impact unclear
- 3 women on Supreme Court: How big a difference?
- Senate confirms Kagan as 112th justice
- Obama urges liberals to 'keep up the fight'
- Democrats wary of motivation problem with liberals
- Kennedy's clout could grow on high court