SIRTE, Libya - Arab ministers agreed Friday to give the United States another month to try to persuade Israel to renew curbs on West Bank settlement construction and keep Mideast peace talks from collapsing.
SIRTE, Libya - Arab ministers say they support the Palestinians' decision to stop direct talks with Israel unless the Israelis agree to halt all settlement construction in the West Bank.
SIRTE, Libya - Moderate Arab nations trying to prevent a breakdown of troubled Israeli-Palestinian peace talks are proposing a return to indirect negotiations as a face-saving device, diplomats said Friday.
KARACHI, Pakistan - Police say blasts have occurred at a famed Sufi shrine in the southern Pakistani city of Karachi.
ISLAMABAD - Intelligence officials say a suspected U.S.
- US diplomat: US-Japan pact vital in changing Asia
- Japan says maritime spat with China over
- NKorea's Kim Jong Un joins father at army drill
- Japan PM concerned over China's maritime expansion
- UN summit ends with call to action beyond rhetoric
- US seeks to ease Chinese fears
- Kashmir separatists reject Indian peace package
- In Mayaguez incident, US considered its prestige
- In 1975 incident, officials considered US prestige
- Response to '75 ship crisis focused on US prestige
- Obama, at UN, eyes Sudan, Southeast Asia tensions
- China says 4 Japanese filmed military targets
- Obama: US-Japan alliance a security "cornerstone"
- China premier threatens Japan over boat dispute
- EU parliament wants better gas supply cooperation
- China-Japan spat could derail gas drilling talks
- Indian lawmakers visit Kashmir to address unrest
- Koreas differ on fate of split families' reunions
- Japan's new foreign minister gets tough on China
- Belarus presidential vote set for Dec. 19
- Clinton says time is ripe for Mideast deal
- Russia denies Georgian claims of ethnic cleansing
- Japan leadership battle Tuesday could bring new PM
- Japan leadership duel nears vote amid China spat
- Abbas asks US to step into settlement dispute
- Chinese navy to hold drills in Yellow Sea
- Ex-President Carter arrives in Pyongyang
- NKorea: Ex-President Carter arrives in Pyongyang
- Mayhem in Manila: 9 killed on hijacked tourist bus
- Morocco border blockade of Spain enclave suspended
- Palestinian who attacked Turkish Embassy captured
- Turks capture Palestinian at Tel Aviv embassy
- Turkish guards capture Palestinian at embassy
- Arab takes hostages at Turkish Embassy in Israel
- Israel: Palestinian with hostages at Turk Embassy