GUWAHATI - Barely a month for assembly elections in Assam, the main opposition Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) is desperate for alliance partners - to stop the ruling Congress from making a political hat trick.
GUWAHATI - The Prime Minister, Dr.
GUWAHATI - Asserting that the recent discussions with the representatives of United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) were good, the Prime Minister, Dr.
GUWAHATI - Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Friday said the peace talks between the outlawed United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) and the government could be the beginning of a new dawn of peace and prosperity in Assam.
GUWAHATI - Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrives in Assam Friday on a two-day visit to inaugurate two major educational institutions and also review the progress of development works and the security situation.
- Talks with Centre positive: ULFA
- Mudslinging begins with eye to Assam polls
- Assam political parties favour polls before mid-April
- Election Commission begins Assam visit
- Gogoi admits corruption under his rule
- Assam parties launch poll campaign with rallies
- EC team to visit Assam, parties seek polls before Bihu
- Paresh Baruah faction rejects ULFA peace talks
- We will win on sea of development and peace: Assam CM Tarun Gogoi (Interview)
- BJP aims to attack UPA’s scam record to win in 2014 (Night Lead)
- UPA has given a scandal a day: BJP
- BJP slams UPA Govt., alleges Bofors scam reached Gandhi’s doorstep
- Gandhi family behind ‘Hindu atankwad’: Gadkari
- Congress first family should explain Bofors: BJP
- Concluding day of BJP national executive begins
- Gadkari slams UPA for corruption, resolution on northeast passed (Night Lead)
- Gadkari slams UPA over corruption, says NDA will rule in 2014
- Two-day BJP national executive meet begins
- BJP to focus on corruption, price rise at executive
- Congress abusing CBI to implicate RSS leaders, says BJP
- Gadkari in Assam, minus security from state government
- From climbing trees to scaling political heights - Tarun Gogoi
- Assam polls: Congress, AGP vie for AUDF support
- BJP demands deletion of Bangladeshi migrants from voters’ list in Assam
- BJP leaders questioned Karkare’s integrity, asserts Digvijay
- BJP lacks guts to act against corruption-tainted leaders: Digvijay
- AGP may again forge ties with BJP
- Assam elections on schedule, says Gogoi
- Assam polls: Congress, ally in ‘friendly contest’
- No ‘politics of vote’ in Assam, says Varun Gandhi
- AGP, BJP scout for partners for polls
- Tarun Gogoi urges Central Govt. to sign water-sharing treaty with China
- Chidambaram to review security strategy in Assam
- Assam governor slips, fractures leg, arm
- A fractured opposition in Assam