JERUSALEM - Israel's Supreme Court on Monday upheld a deportation order against an Irish Nobel peace laureate who has taken up the Palestinian cause, clearing the way for her expulsion, a court official said.
JERUSALEM - Israel's Supreme Court has upheld a deportation order against pro-Palestinian Nobel Peace Prize laureate Mairead Corrigan Maguire.
JERUSALEM - An Irish Nobel peace laureate called Israel an "apartheid" state during a deportation hearing before the country's Supreme Court Monday, prompting a rebuke from a judge who told her to keep her "propaganda" to herself.
JERUSALEM - Nobel peace laureate Mairead Corrigan Maguire asked Israel's Supreme Court Sunday to allow her to enter the country, five days after the outspoken critic of Israel was detained at the airport on her way to meet Jewish and Palestinian peace activists.
JERUSALEM - More force should have been used to clear a ship's deck before the deadly May raid on a pro-Palestinian flotilla, Israel's army chief said Wednesday, claiming that some of the Turkish activists on board had guns and opened fire first, in the most detailed account of the incident to date.
- Israeli army chief: Turkish activists had firearms
- Israel army chief testifies before flotilla panel
- Israel defense minister opposes soldiers' grilling
- Israel threatening to quit UN probe into flotilla
- Israel threatening to quit UN Gaza flotilla probe
- Israeli PM: Turkey looked for a fight on ship
- Turkish protest ship returns home
- Israeli about-face: agrees to UN probe of flotilla
- Israel to take part in UN probe of flotilla raid
- Israeli flotilla inquiry to question premier
- Israel: Flotillas aim to get weapons to Gaza
- Israel approves new list of goods banned from Gaza
- Israeli ministers to vote on easing Gaza blockade
- Israel approves inquiry into Gaza flotilla raid
- EU presses Israel to lift Gaza blockade
- Israeli Cabinet approves flotilla probe
- EU: Pressure mounts for end of Gaza blockade
- Hamas rejects Israel-approved snack foods for Gaza
- Putin condemns Israeli raid on Gaza-bound ship
- Egypt: Gaza blockade a failure, border stays open
- Israel kills 4 militants in waters off Gaza
- UN chief moving ahead with probe of Israeli raid
- Despite pressure, Israeli PM firm on Gaza blockade
- Israeli naval commandos seize Gaza-bound aid ship
- Israeli forces board Gaza-bound aid vessel
- Israel says forces have not taken over aid boat
- Gaza-bound aid vessel tailed by Israeli warships
- Activist: Aid ship nears Palestinian territory
- Israel vows to stop aid ship as it approaches Gaza
- Nobel laureate on aid ship: we won't resist Israel