JOHANNESBURG - Fresh from its successful hosting of Africa's first World Cup, South Africa said Tuesday it will bid to bring the Olympics to Africa for the first time in 2020.
JOHANNESBURG - A look at Day 20 Tuesday at the 2010 World Cup (all times EDT): RESULTSNo games scheduled.
PARIS - French legislators huddled behind closed doors to investigate an issue of national importance - not terrorism or recession, but the French football team's meltdown at the World Cup.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Sports federations need to join the fight against game-fixing and other betting scams if they want to be part of the Olympics, IOC president Jacques Rogge said Thursday.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Leonardo Munoz, wearing a foot-tall blue-and-white wig, is ready to bare it all for the glory of Argentina.
- Work is skipped, parties abound during World Cup
- Spain loses to Switzerland, Chile beats Honduras
- Police to keep new stadium duties thru World Cup
- FIFA, WCup organizers clam up on stadium security
- WCup labor protests continue, FIFA goes quiet
- World Cup strike spreads to half of venues
- Security stewards protest in Durban, Johannesburg
- Readout of Vice President Biden’s Meeting with FIFA President Blatter
- Mutu must pay Chelsea $20M damages in cocaine case