OSH, Kyrgyzstan - Kyrgyzstan's interim government suffered a humiliating blow Friday as a powerful opponent refused to step down as mayor of a southern city devastated by deadly ethnic violence two months ago.
QUETTA, Pakistan - Police say gunmen have killed six workers in southwestern Pakistan in the second apparent ethnic-based attack of the day.
QUETTA, Pakistan - Gunmen singled out non-ethnic Baluch passengers traveling on a bus in southwestern Pakistan on Saturday, killing 10 and wounding five others, police said.
ALMATY, Kazakhstan - Dozens of top officials from Western and former Soviet countries will meet Saturday to redress international inaction over the teetering Central Asian nation of Kyrgyzstan, which has been rocked by months of instability and violence.
BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - A leading international rights group warned Wednesday that the torture and arbitrary detention of ethnic Uzbeks by security forces in southern Kyrgyzstan could lead to a new wave of intercommunal conflict.
- Top Kyrgyz officials resign
- Serb lawmaker shot in Kosovo
- Kyrgyzstan swears in caretaker president
- Kyrgyz constitution comes into effect
- China installs 40,000 security cameras in Urumqi
- Blasts of $3 grenades rock Burundi's fragile peace
- Kyrgyzstan OKs constitution after ethnic unrest
- Kyrgyzstan holds vote only weeks after riots
- Kyrgyzstan says Islamist groups sparked violence
- Witnesses say Kyrgyz police attack Uzbeks, kill 2
- Interim leader: Up to 2,000 dead in Kyrgyz clashes
- UN: 1 million may need aid after Kyrgyz clashes
- Interim pres: Kyrgyz violence likely kills 2,000
- Kyrgyz interim leader in Osh, vows to restore city
- Uzbek refugees trickle home amid relative calm
- UN says violence in Kyrgyzstan was orchestrated
- Red Cross: 'several hundred' dead in Kyrgyz unrest
- Uzbek leader: 100,000 massed at Kyrgyzstan border
- Uzbek leader in Kyrgyzstan: Death toll over 200
- Fresh ethnic violence erupts in Kyrgyzstan
- The path to Kyrgyzstan's deadly ethnic chaos
- 75,000 Uzbeks flee ethnic riots in Kyrgyzstan
- Uzbekistan: 75,000 Uzbeks flee riots in Kyrgyzstan
- Uzbekistan says 75,000 refugees fled Kyrgyzstan
- Mobs burn villages, slaughter Uzbeks in Kyrgyzstan
- Official: 30 killed in Kyrgyzstan village
- Ethnic rioting spreads in Kyrgyzstan, with 80 dead
- Ethnic riots sweep Kyrgyzstan, govt begs for help
- Russia won't immediately send troops to Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrgyzstan asks Russia to help quell ethnic riots
- Kyrgyzstan invites Russian troops to end unrest
- Ethnic clashes rage in Kyrgyzstan, 51 dead
- 45 killed, more than 600 wounded in Kyrgyz rioting
- 41 killed, more than 600 wounded in Kyrgyz rioting
- 39 killed, nearly 600 wounded in Kyrgyz rioting