ROME - U.N. food agencies said Wednesday that 166 million people in 22 countries suffer chronic hunger or difficulty finding enough to eat as a result of what they called protracted food crises.
NEW YORK - Ten U.S.
WASHINGTON - When the merchant ship Mayaguez and its American crew were seized by communist forces off the coast of Cambodia in 1975, the Ford administration was determined to craft a muscular response in hope of limiting damage to U.S.
NEW DELHI - An emergency meeting called by the Indian prime minister to take stock of preparations for the Commonwealth Games has ended with no comment from officials.
SEOUL, South Korea - North and South Korea agreed Friday to hold reunions of families separated by their war, but conflicting statements from the rivals about the details underscored the difficulty of repairing relations on the peninsula.
- China mass measles vaccination plan sparks outcry
- Russian minister: Slow response let fires spread
- Former FEMA head: Gov't didn't tell all on Katrina
- Joint US-Mozambique military exercises begin
- House pressured to pass stripped-down war measure
- Senate returns $60B stripped out war bill to House
- Senate passes $60B war bill, kills House add-ons
- $3.4B Indian settlement added to war-funding bill
- Kyrgyz humanitarian crisis enters new phase
- Guatemala warns tourists hypnotized by lava flows
- Some states chafe at Pentagon control in disasters
- Trash piles removed at biggest co-op complex in US
- Trash piles up in nation's biggest co-op complex
- Israeli PM backs army in Gaza-bound flotilla raid
- Israel faces condemnation, protests after raid
- 2 Christian aid groups suspended in Afghanistan
- Clinton: World must act on SKorean ship sinking
- Korean tension a factor in Japan base decision
- Lawsuit: Calif fails to accommodate deaf workers
- Bankers get partial win on state consumer rules
- Senate rejects refusal of aid to strapped states
- Thai premier says protesters will be cleared
- Thai premier says no plans for martial law
- Thai king speaks for 1st time in political crisis
- Ex-general: Cubans involved in Chavez's military
- 3 Italian aid workers freed in Afghanistan
- Towns reject FEMA flood buyouts, despite benefits
- UK goverment cuts Glaxo swine flu vaccine order
- Obama offers help to Rhode Island governor
- Germany approves plan for bank fund
- Obama order: Bring advance teams home from Asia
- Powder in envelope sent to Mont. office no threat
- Red Cross is latest victim of Mexican drug war
- Greece won't seek German reparations during crisis
- Venezuela seeks God's help amid energy crisis