CANBERRA - Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard has said that Australia will remain committed to the war in Afghanistan, despite the rising death toll.
CANBERRA - A day after Wikileaks founder Julian Assange sought the Australian government's help over the ongoing secret US diplomatic cables leak fiasco, Prime Minister Julia Gillard has said she would not intervene in the journalist's legal obligations.
CANBERRA - Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard has said that the death toll of last week's Christmas Island boat tragedy has risen to at least 48 so far.
CANBERRA - Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard has been advised by professional speechwriters to make use of more 'religious languages' at times of national grief, despite her professed atheism.
CANBERRA - Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has reportedly accepted an invitation to visit Australia next year, a move that is expected to provide a symbolic boost for Indo-Australian ties strained by assaults on Indian students and by Labor's ban on uranium sales to India.
- OZ voters angry with Gillard, want new election
- MPs behaved like ‘zombies’ under ex-PM Rudd: Labor senator
- PM Gillard opens new counter-terrorism centre in Oz capital Canberra
- Oz PM Gillard says trade union official’s 9/11 comment ‘ stupid and wrong’
- Australia’s role in Afghanistan may last till 2020: Gillard
- Gillard says ‘foreign affairs is not her passion’
- Gillard assures Oz troops in Afghanistan committed to Oruzgan mission
- Rudd branded “prime minister in exile” by Oz opposition
- Former Aussie PM to visit US as foreign minister
- Gillard assures Rudd won’t dominate Oz foreign policy initiatives
- Former Oz PM Rudd appointed foreign affairs minister in Gillard’s new cabinet
- Oz PM Julia Gillard to form government following two key Independents’ support
- Australian independent to support Liberal Party
- Wilkie Joined Collaborates with Julia Gillard
- Australian lawmakers reveal $9.7 B hole in pledges
- Australian PM contenders promise no early election
- Independent lawmakers hold key to Aust. government
- PM Debars Arbib To Appear on a TV Show
- Australian PM asks independents to save government
- Australian PM says elections too close to call
- Australian PM says election too close to call
- Australian PM says election to close to call
- Australian governing party trailing in vote count
- Australia votes on whether first woman PM survives
- Voting begins in Australia’s general election
- Gillard demands republic status for Australia
- Aussie PM: Nation should drop British monarchy
- Rudd appointed to UN panel to tackle global sustainability issues
- Oz Labour Party edges ahead of opposition coalition, Gillard outpacing Abbott: Poll
- Australian opposition launches election campaign
- Dumped PM enters Australian election campaign
- Oz PM Gillard has election winning lead
- Gillard announces Aug 21 polls, seeks mandate ‘to move Australia forward’
- Australia's 1st female PM faces 1st poll as leader
- Former journalist Abbott vying to be Australian PM