MILWAUKEE - Wisconsin Sen. Russ Feingold defended his vote for health care reform during a televised debate Friday, and accused Republican challenger Ron Johnson of wanting to replace the program with a system that puts insurance companies in control.
SAN FRANCISCO - California's ballot measure to legalize marijuana has a new friend: Facebook co-founder Sean Parker has given $100,000 to back the proposal.
CHICAGO - The most telling sign yet of how the wide-open race for Chicago mayor has overshadowed everything else this election season was that Rahm Emanuel was all but invisible when his former boss came home.
WASHINGTON - Struggling to build a firewall against a Republican takeover, congressional Democrats are pouring money into roughly two dozen tight races around the country in the campaign's closing weeks while pulling it back from others where their chances seem slimmer.
BOSTON - The head of the Massachusetts Lottery says his staffers did not collude with an independent candidate for governor to run television and radio ads echoing themes from the candidate's campaign.
- Mass. governor race turns into courtroom thriller
- Democrats see glimmers of hope in election gloom
- Sandoval and Reid fight over budget in Vegas
- Stimulus, Social Security dominate Colorado debate
- Obama urges support for Illinois Senate hopeful
- Trailing NY gov candidate takes to TV to make case
- Navigating the campaign trail proves tricky in Vt.
- Mass. gov. hopeful alleges GOP dirty tricks
- US Chamber spends more than $10 million on ads
- Biden: Walker skating by with GOP talking points
- Sniping and sparring in this year's debates
- Insult time, face to face, in campaign's debates
- Barrett will use money from Biden for TV ads
- Specter to raise cash for primary foe who beat him
- Blumenthal, McMahon face off in second debate
- GOP allies make Colo. a top target
- POLITICAL INSIDER: Conservative group airs ads
- Democratic Sen. Lincoln uses Clinton in Ark. ad
- Government employees punch in and out to politick
- Fight for Congress could last past Election Day
- 4 candidates for RI gov. to meet in 1st TV debate
- POLITICAL INSIDER: Lou Holtz pitches GOP
- Whitman spends $140M, much of it her own money
- Brown has $22.5M cash on hand in Calif. gov's race
- Democrat Caprio has $1M in bank in RI gov's race
- Texas gov: Newspaper endorsements a waste of time
- NFL flags Feingold's latest ad for Moss clip
- Ellsworth resumes ads as poll shows him behind
- GOP-allied group to spend $4 million in 8 states
- 3 corruption trials in a day? NJ says no big deal
- Blumenthal, McMahon trade jabs at Conn. debate
- Skeletons, dirt _ it's the election's homestretch
- Officials from 5 states fight unlimited spending
- Challenger slams Texas gov over campaign donors
- Conn. Senate race heats up ahead of first debate