BRUSSELS/GENEVA - European Union member states Monday imposed sanctions on Libya, following the UN Security Council's call this weekend for punitive measures, the bloc's presidency said.
BRUSSELS - European Union member states are to impose sanctions on Libya later Monday, following the UN Security Council's call for punitive measures, a spokeswoman said.
BERLIN/BRUSSELS - European Union nations agreed Friday to impose an arms embargo on Libya and slap a visa ban and asset freeze on members of the regime, the German foreign office said.
BRUSSELS - British Foreign Secretary William Hague said Monday he had "some information" that Libyan leader Muammer Gaddafi was en route to Venezuela.
BRUSSELS - The European Union's foreign policy chief has called on Libyan authorities to end violence in the country which has left up to 200 people dead.
- Mubarak family not included in Egypt asset freeze request: EU
- Russia urges US to withdraw nuclear weapons from Europe
- EU freezes assets of 48 members of Ben Ali’s clan
- EU urges Mubarak to react to protests ‘quickly’
- EU to freeze Ben Ali family assets, diplomats say
- EU summit solves treaty debate, puts off other rows
- PM leaves Brussels for Berlin
- Potential for India-EU bilateral ties huge: European Council chief
- India, EU to enhance clean energy, climate ties
- India,EU fail to reach FTA, focus shifts from boosting trade ties to creating JWG on terror
- India, EU sign cultural pact
- India, EU still some distance away from finalizing trade,investment pact: Manmohan Singh
- ‘Pakistan undecided about talks with India’
- China will solve stapled visa isse: India
- China will solve stapled visa issue: India
- ‘Nobel ceremony not related to India-China ties’
- EU asks India, China to stop supporting Myanmar junta
- Green groups pile on pressure ahead of G20 summit
- Myanmar elections not free and fair: EU
- ‘Successful democracy in Pakistan vital for global peace’
- Pakistan’s ‘friends’ meet to prop up reform
- Japan says maritime spat with China over
- Chinese, Japanese leaders meet in Europe amid spat
- Euro ministers delay talks on new debt rules
- Euro ministers discussing new debt rules
- EU parliament wants better gas supply cooperation
- France defies EU criticism on Gypsy expulsions
- France hits back at criticism on Gypsy roundups
- Sarkozy's office hits back at criticism on Gypsies
- EU calls France's Gypsy expulsions 'a disgrace'
- Iranian defector applies for asylum in Norway
- 3rd Iranian diplomat defects in Europe, group says
- Iranian diplomats defect in Finland, Belgium
- EU ministers discuss relationship with Turkey
- EU Parliament criticizes France on Roma treatment