ADDIS ABABA - Two people were killed in a clash between protesters and police in the northern African country of Djibouti, Xinhua reported.
ADDIS ABABA - The leader of what will become the world's newest state this year, Southern Sudan, Monday promised a peaceful transition to independence after results showed voters had overwhelmingly chosen to split from the north.
ADDIS ABABA - The 16th African Union (AU) summit opened Sunday in the Ethiopian capital of Addis Ababa as African leaders gather to discuss peace, security and stability in the continent.
ADDIS ABABA - UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon Sunday called for calm, non-violence and respect for human rights in Egypt amid the widening unrest in which at least 150 people have died in the last two days alone.
ADDIS ABABA - Indians in Ethiopia gathered Sunday at the Indian embassy here to take part in the 64th Independence Day celebrations.
- Ethiopia: ruling party landslide confirmed
- Ethiopia's ruling party celebrates victory
- Ethiopia ruling party celebrates election victory
- Ethiopia PM rebuffs election critics
- Ethiopia opposition calls for election rerun
- Early results: Ethiopia's ruling party won vote
- EU chief observer says Ethiopian poll was not fair
- Early results: Ethiopia's ruling party wins vote
- Rights group: Ethiopia vote marred by repression
- Ethiopia opposition bloc claims voter intimidation
- Ethiopia votes, with ruling party favored to win
- China gives $30,000 to drought-hit Ethiopia
- Malawi president elected new African Union chairman
- US professor among 5 sentenced to die in Ethiopia
- India to set up institutions in Africa, offer scholarships to 300 African students