2010 Asia Trip
Release Time: For Immediate Release In 1994, APEC Leaders gathered in Bogor, Indonesia, to announce their shared commitment to achieve free and open trade and investment by 2010 for industrialized economies and by 2020 for developing economies. These targets became known as the “Bogor Goals,” an ambitious manifestation of our common belief that free and open trade and investment are essential to realize the growth potential of the region and enhance economic and social outcomes for all APEC economies.
Release Time: For Immediate Release We, the APEC Leaders, having agreed at our meeting in November of 2009 in Singapore to explore a range of possible pathways to achieve a Free Trade Area of the Asia-Pacific (FTAAP) and having been informed by APEC Ministers on the work undertaken this year toward this goal, share the following view: Trade and investment liberalization and facilitation will continue to be APEC’s core objective. APEC’s work to strengthen and deepen regional economic integration will be critical to the achievement of this goal.
Release Time: For Immediate Release Location: Yokohama, Japan We, the Leaders of APEC, gathered in Yokohama under the 2010 theme of “Change and Action” to articulate our vision of further building and integrating the Asia-Pacific region in the 21st Century, and the paths to realize that vision.
Release Time: For Immediate Release The Leaders of the nine Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) countries (Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Chile, Malaysia, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, United States, and Vietnam) met today on the margins of the APEC Leaders meeting to welcome the solid progress their teams had made so far in trade talks aimed at negotiating a regional trade deal and resolved to seek to conclude the ambitious agreement as swiftly as possible. They reaffirmed their objective of negotiating a high-standard agreement and one that addresses new and emerging trade issues and the 21st century challenges their businesses and workers face.
Release Time: For Immediate Release Location: InterContinental Yokohama Grand Hotel, Yokohama, Japan 9:45 A.M.
- Remarks by President Obama and Prime Minister Gillard of Australia After Bilateral Meeting in Yokohama, Japan
- Remarks by President Obama and Prime Minister Kan of Japan in Statements to the Press in Yokohama, Japan
- Fact Sheet on U.S.-Japan Cooperation on Reducing Nuclear Risks
- Remarks by the President to CEO Business Summit in Yokohama, Japan
- Press Conference by the President After G20 Meetings in Seoul, Korea
- Remarks by the President at the G20 SME Finance Challenge Award Winner Ceremony
- G-20: Fact Sheet on Sustainable External Imbalances and Orderly Global Adjustment
- G-20: Fact Sheet on a New Global Framework to Fund Innovative SME Finance Models
- G-20: Fact Sheet on IMF Reform
- G-20: Fact Sheet on U.S. Financial Reform and the G-20 Leaders’ Agenda
- G-20: Fact Sheet on a Shared Commitment to Fighting Corruption
- G-20: Fact Sheet on the U.S. Global Development Policy and the G-20 Development Framework
- G-20: Fact Sheet on Energy Issues
- Remarks by President Obama and German Chancellor Merkel before Bilateral Meeting
- Remarks by President Obama and President Hu of China Before Bilateral Meeting
- President Conference with President Obama and President Lee of the Republic of Korea in Seoul