WASHINGTON - Struggling to build a firewall against a Republican takeover, congressional Democrats are pouring money into roughly two dozen tight races around the country in the campaign's closing weeks while pulling it back from others where their chances seem slimmer.
WASHINGTON - Democrats have all but written off at least three Senate seats - in North Dakota, Indiana and Arkansas - and at least six House seats in Tennessee, Louisiana, New York and elsewhere as they embark on a final-weeks advertising push to minimize congressional election losses.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Opponents of Hugo Chavez won new clout to try to rein in a socialist leader who has ruled largely unchecked, making gains in congressional elections that weaken the president ahead of his next re-election bid and could force him to deal with rivals.
ATLANTA - Republican voters in north Georgia have nominated freshman U.S.
WASHINGTON - No fewer than 65 House seats across the country - an overwhelming majority held by Democrats - are at risk of changing political hands this fall, enough to bolster Republican hopes of regaining power and stoke fears in President Barack Obama's party of losing it.
- House Democrats line up TV ad buys for fall races
- House Dems prep to put up to $49M toward TV ads
- Ballot secrecy compromised in NM, other states
- Burundi explosions lead to low election turnout
- Black SC Republican nominated in 1st District
- Lincoln survives, Cal GOP chooses Whitman, Fiorina
- Lincoln survives tough Arkansas primary battle
- Lincoln faces test as voters choose fall matchups
- Lincoln tested in runoff; primaries coast to coast
- Tuesday's primaries and runoffs in 12 states
- Dem seeking to be first black Ala. gov loses
- Dem seeking to be first black Ala. gov trailing
- Primary for Dem seeking to be first black Ala. gov
- Ala. congressman in battle after switch to GOP
- Labrador keeps early, narrow lead over Ward
- Idaho lawmaker wins GOP nod in US House race
- Go west! Dems did, now struggle to hold onto gains
- Go west! Dems did, now fight to retain their gains
- GOP wins House seat in Obama's home district
- Dem family feud could cost party Hawaii seat
- Hopeful for Souder seat says he asked about rumors
- Dems win special Pa. election, retain Murtha seat
- A look at primary results in Ky., Pa., Ark., Ore.
- Indiana Rep. Souder says he'll resign over affair
- Race for Ga. congressional seat heads to runoff
- Lawmakers fight for who gets to count inmates
- Lawmakers can raise 'soft money' for redistricting
- Dems may abandon House race in Hawaii
- Unharnessed anger: Incumbents win in NC, OH, IN
- Coats wins Ind. primary; NC, Ohio back incumbents
- GOP Coats wins Ind. primary; NC, Ohio vote
- GOP Coats wins Ind. primary
- GOP Coats takes lead in Ind.; NC, Ohio vote
- Indiana, NC, Ohio choose party nominees
- Establishment choices vs. upstarts in 3 primaries