Release Time: For Immediate Release WASHINGTON— In this week’s address, President Obama expressed the gratitude of the entire nation to the brave men and women who have served in the war in Iraq, and welcomed our troops home as we mark the official end to the war. This historic achievement would not be possible without the skill and dedication of the men and women of the United States Armed Forces. They prove every day that when we come together, there is nothing we cannot do. Now it’s time to follow their example, put aside partisanship, and rebuild our economy so that every American who wants to work can find a job, and everyone has the opportunity to make it if they try.
Release Time: For Immediate Release BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA A PROCLAMATION On a serene Sunday morning 70 years ago, the skies above Pearl Harbor were darkened by the bombs of Japanese forces in a surprise attack that tested the resilience of our Armed Forces and the will of our Nation.
Release Time: For Immediate Release In August, President Obama called on Congress to enact tax credits that will help get veterans back to work.
Release Time: For Immediate Release Companies will Commit a Portion of Jobs to Miami Area Veterans and Military Families Tomorrow First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr.
Release Time: For Immediate Release Homestead-Miami Speedway Miami, Florida 1:52 P.M.
- Statement from the President on the Passage of Tax Credits to Help Get Veterans Back to Work
- WEEKLY ADDRESS: Honoring our Veterans for their Service and Sacrifice
- Remarks by the President on Veterans Day
- Veterans Day Op-ed by Vice President Biden and Dr. Jill Biden
- Remarks by the First Lady at a Joining Forces Announcement
- First Lady Michelle Obama Announces Major Private Sector Commitments to Hire 100,000 Veterans and Military Spouses in Support of Joining Forces
- Statement by the Press Secretary
- Remarks by the President on Tax Credits Included in the American Jobs Act and New Executive Actions that Will Help Get Veterans Back to Work
- We Can’t Wait: Leading Veterans Organizations Back Returning Heroes, Wounded Warrior Tax Credits; President Obama Announces Initiatives to Get Veterans Back to Work
- We Can’t Wait: Obama Administration Announces New Initiatives to Get Veterans Back to Work
- Vice President Biden, Dr. Jill Biden to Travel to Pennsylvania and New York on Veterans Day
- Presidential Proclamation — Veterans Day, 2011
- Presidential Proclamation — National Family Caregivers Month, 2011
- Presidential Proclamation — Military Family Month, 2011
- FACT SHEET: We Can’t Wait: Obama Administration’s New Initiatives to Help Create Jobs for Veterans
- Remarks by Dr. Biden and the First Lady at Major League Baseball-Joining Forces Event
- Remarks by the President and the First Lady on the American Jobs Act and Joining Forces
- First Lady Michelle Obama Announces Major Private Sector Commitment to Hire 25,000 Veterans and Military Spouses in Support of Joining Forces
- Spielberg, Hanks and Winfrey Join Forces with First Lady, Starring in Public Service Announcement Campaign Supporting Military Families
- Presidential Proclamation — General Pulaski Memorial Day, 2011
- Statement by the Press Secretary on H.R. 2646
- Op-ed by First Lady Michelle Obama in The Fayetteville Observer: Military Families Deserve the Spotlight
- Presidential Proclamation–Gold Star Mother’s and Family’s Day, 2011
- Presidential Proclamation — National POW/MIA Recognition Day, 2011
- Remarks by the President Awarding the Medal of Honor to Sergeant Dakota Meyer
- Fact Sheet: Implementing Missile Defense in Europe
- Op-ed by First Lady Michelle Obama in USA Today: Support our military families
- President Obama to Award Medal of Honor
- Remarks by the President at 93rd Annual Conference of the American Legion
- Readout of President Obama’s calls on Afghanistan today
- Fact Sheet: President Obama's Commitment to Employing America's Veterans
- Remarks by the First Lady and Dr. Biden at Joining Forces Military Family Cookout
- Statement by the President on the death of General John M. Shalikashvhili
- Remarks by the President in Presenting the Medal of Honor to Sergeant First Class Leroy Arthur Petry
- Remarks by the President at White House Independence Day Celebration