UNITED NATIONS - India joined other UN Security Council members to back sanctions against Libya and to refer the bloody crackdown on anti-government protests to the International Criminal Court.
UNITED NATIONS - The UN Security Council Saturday may adopt sanctions against Libya aimed at stopping the bloodshed in the country, Brazil's Ambassador Maria Luiza Ribeiro Viotti said.
UNITED NATIONS - The UN Security Council will hold a closed door meeting Friday to decide upon its response to the prevailing situation in Libya.
UNITED NATIONS - Noting that India has partnered UN peacekeeping since its inception in the 1950s, India has reiterated its commitment to the furtherance of international peace and security as UN partner.
UNITED NATIONS - UN Secretary-General Ban Ki- moon Wednesday called for a unified international action to ensure "prompt and peaceful transition" in Libya.
- UN Security Council meets to discuss Libyan unrest
- UN hails Egypt’s pledge for transparent elections
- UN condemns violence against protesters in Bahrain
- Krishna reads Portuguese minister’s speech at UN, ministry downplays gaffe
- Krishna reads Portuguese minister’s speech at UN
- India, G4 partners push hard for Security Council expansion
- G4 countries push for Security Council expansion
- India seeks reform of global security structure
- Egypt turmoil continues as government patience wears thin
- Ban Ki-moon urges peaceful transition in Egypt
- UN chief calls for ending Cambodia, Thailand hostilities
- India asks Haiti politicos to exercise restraint
- India asks Israel, Palestine to resume direct talks
- India assures action against diplomat for flight incident (Second Lead)
- Indian diplomat recalled after Air India flight incident
- India calls for negotiated peace in Sudan, Darfur
- Indian UN diplomat recalled after incident on flight
- India seeks UNSC expansion, suggests key elements of reform
- Ban calls for end to racism against people of African descent
- India wins rotating UN seat, treads cautiously on Pakistan, Iran (Roundup)
- Victorious India to step up quest for permanent UNSC (Second Lead)
- India wins non-permanant Security Council seat (Lead, changing dateline)
- UN says Afghan election a positive sign
- UN summit ends with call to action beyond rhetoric
- UN lifts arms embargo on Sierra Leone
- External Affairs Minister Krishna’s speech to UN General Assembly: Full text
- Stop state-sponsored terrorism in Kashmir: India tells Pakistan
- Stop state-sponsored terrorism in Kashmir: India to Pakistan
- Myanmar: working for 'free and fair' vote
- Israeli calls for intermediate peace agreement
- Nations warn Myanmar to free prisoners
- Iraq: US should help break government deadlock
- Sudan calls for world to monitor referendum
- Krishna, Qureshi likely to meet Monday
- Abbas says settlements block Mideast peace deal