WAKISO - Yoweri Museveni was Sunday declared the winner in Uganda's presidential election, giving him a sixth five-year term in office.
ENTEBBE, Uganda - Uganda is willing to provide as many as 20,000 troops to restore order in Somalia if enough money is provided for the mission, Uganda's president told visiting members of the U.N.
ENTEBBE, Uganda - A $73 million budget cut has forced a major air base for United Nations peacekeeping missions to eliminate three planes and more cutbacks may be needed, hampering operations in Congo and Sudan, a senior U.N.
GENEVA - The United Nations has toned down a report detailing hundreds of gruesome attacks against civilians in Congo over a 10-year period but left intact the suggestion that Rwanda's army may have committed genocide there in the 1990s.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Somalia's president is traveling to Uganda for talks on security issues at a time of political upheaval in Mogadishu.
- Mortar hits Somalia pres. palace, kills 4 Ugandans
- More troops in Somalia not a solution, experts say
- AU head: More troops ready to be sent to Somalia
- US to boost training, aid for troops in Somalia
- Uganda defends repatriation of 1,700 Rwandans
- UN chief: arrest Ugandan rebel wanted by ICC
- Int'l Court nations to ponder crimes of aggression
- Iran's Ahmadinejad: proposed sanctions not legal
- Uganda gov't says it will compensate rebel victims
- Uganda man confesses to torching royal tombs
- Riots in Uganda after ancient tombs set alight
- Bad malaria pills in Africa raise resistance fears
- Uganda will ask lawmaker to withdraw anti-gay bill
- Army: Ugandan rebel group acting commander killed
- US lawmakers condemn anti-gay Uganda legislation
- Aid group: Rains fail again across East Africa
- Uganda government outlaws female circumcision
- Death penalty for gays? Uganda debates proposal
- Climate debate heats up Caribbean summit
- Ugandans upset over Chavez' kind words for Amin