TAIPEI - Taiwan's High Court Tuesday upheld a district court's ruling that acquitted former president Chen Shui-bian of embezzling $330,000 in diplomatic funds during his two terms in office between 2000 and 2008.
TAIPEI - A group of retired Taiwan spies recently visited China, a newspaper reported Sunday, voicing concern that the trip might endanger Taiwan's national security.
TAIPEI, Taiwan - A senior Taiwanese official has told a defense forum in the United States that despite rapidly warming commercial relations with Taipei, China's military threat against the island is growing, Taiwanese media reported Tuesday.
TAIPEI - China's culture minister arrived in Taiwan Thursday for a week-long visit, signalling further warming in the island's relations with its bitter rival.
TAIPEI, Taiwan - U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's thinly veiled criticism of Chinese territorial claims in the South China Sea has angered Beijing's leadership and quietly pleased Asian countries concerned about China's expanding military power.
- Taiwan’s ‘Grand’ thaw with China
- Taiwan protests China’s bid to block trade pacts
- Taiwan: No change on China policy after Ma comment
- Taiwan minister resigns over death penalty row
- Taiwan seeks closer ties with ASEAN
- Taiwan government to support e-book Industry
- Taiwanese trust Obama more than their own president: Survey