DHAKA - The US officials have told Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina that "there will be no further high-level diplomatic interaction" until the "harassment" of Grameen Bank founder Muhammad Yunus ends, a media report claimed Monday.
DHAKA - Bangladesh is set to dilute its anti-graft law to keep beyond its purview lawmakers at all levels and require prior permission to probe government officials.
DHAKA - Bangladesh opposition leader Khaleda Zia Friday asked Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to "resign immediately" and demanded a mid-term poll.
NEW DELHI - Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday said that "Sanskriti Express", a special exhibition train to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore is set to go on a cultural exchange programme to Bangladesh on an invitation by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
TORONTO - The Canadian media has slammed the government for not deporting Bangladeshi fugitive Nur Chowdhury who shot dead Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and his extended family in in the August 1975 coup.
- Hasina draws flak for poor law and order, high prices
- Bangladesh asks Canada to deport Mujib killer
- Opposition steps up stir against Bangladeshi PM
- Hasina may induct veterans in cabinet
- Bangladesh wants to redraw sea border with India
- Hasina rules out new airport ‘against people’s will’
- Amartya Sen links Dhaka movement with his fight against cancer
- Hasina, Zia in new confrontation over airport project
- Bangladesh opposition may end parliament boycott
- Dhaka may clip anti-graft body’s wings
- India ready to help Bangladesh in nabbing Mujib killers
- Teesta water deal an optimistic beginning: Bangladeshi daily
- Dhaka, Delhi agree on water deal
- Dhaka, Delhi resume talks on river water sharing
- Security tightened around Bangladesh PM following militant threat
- I fulfilled a historic obligation: Ex-Bangladesh dictator
- Bangladesh opposition leader faces trial for ‘war crime’
- Bangladeshi Buddhist leader escapes attack
- Hasina asks ministers, partymen to show results
- WikiLeaks: India worried over Hasina, Zia
- A new house for Khaleda Zia
- Hasina decries opposition’s strike call
- Bangladesh opposition calls for strike
- Hasina’s tri-nation tour to focus on tiger, n-plant
- Bangladesh’s opposition lawmakers may resign from parliament
- Khaleda threatens agitation against Hasina government
- Stray violence marks nationwide Bangladesh strike
- Strike in Bangladesh over Khaleda Zia’s eviction
- Bangladesh’s former PM evicted amid protests (Fourth Lead)
- Khaleda Zia put under house arrest, says Bangladesh opposition (Second Lead)
- Khaleda Zia evicted from home
- India, Bangladesh wrap up boundary talks
- Bangladesh links villages to internet
- Zia opposes transit facility to India
- Bangladesh mourns freedom fighters’ killings in 1975