CAIRO - Tens of thousands of Egyptians waved Egyptian flags, honked car horns and launched fireworks well into the early hours of Saturday, still stunned and cheering over the resignation of President Hosni Mubarak.
CAIRO - Tens of thousands of jubilant Egyptians waved national flags and cheered in joy as Hosni Mubarak quit as president Friday, the 18th day of intense protests against his 30-year rule.
Cairo, Feb 12 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Friday that he expected Egyptian authorities would ensure the normal functioning of governmental bodies.
CAIRO - Here are the landmark developments of the mass uprising in Egypt that led to the fall of the three-decade rule of Hosni Mubarak.
CAIRO - Tens of thousands of Egyptians danced and cheered in joy as Hosni Mubarak stepped down as president Friday, the 18th day of intense protests against his 30-year uninterrupted rule.
- Sharm El Sheikh, Mubarak’s new home
- Mubarak quits on 18th day of protests; Egypt is free, chant protesters (Fourth Lead)
- Mubarak resigns as Egyptian president (Third Lead)
- Egypt is free, say joyful protesters as Mubarak quits
- Wild jubilation in Tahrir to Mubarak quitting
- Mubarak leaves Cairo as protesters march towards presidential palace (Roundup)
- Mubarak leaves Cairo: Report