Release Time: For Immediate Release PATRIOT DAY AND NATIONAL DAY OF SERVICE AND REMEMBRANCE, 2011 BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA A PROCLAMATION In the aftermath of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, the American people demonstrated that in times of hardship, the values that define us do not simply endure -- they are stronger than ever. As a Nation, we responded to unthinkable tragedy with an outpouring of service and goodwill. On that dark day, first responders rushed into a burning Pentagon and climbed the stairs of smoking towers on the verge of collapse, while citizens risked their own health and safety to prevent further heartbreak and destruction. As Americans, we came together to help our country recover and rebuild.
Release Time: For Immediate Release WASHINGTON— In this week’s address, President Obama called on the American people to come together in the spirit of service and remembrance as we approach the tenth anniversary of the September 11th attacks. All Americans can pay tribute to those who lost their lives during 9/11 by visiting Serve.Gov to find ways to help within their own communities. Through even the smallest of actions, we can reclaim the sense of unity that followed the attacks, and demonstrate that our sense of common purpose is just as strong today as it was ten years ago. Americans can once again come together to mark this solemn anniversary with service, and move towards a bright future as one nation.
Release Time: For Immediate Release Veterans Memorial Auditorium Columbus, Ohio 6:32 P.M.
Release Time: For Immediate Release Sears Distribution Center Columbus, Ohio 4:47 P.M.
Release Time: For Immediate Release Discuss Importance of Employment and Career Development Opportunities for Military Spouses Today, Labor Secretary Hilda Solis will join First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr.
- First Lady and Dr. Biden Highlight Education on National Tour for Military Families
- Remarks by the First Lady and Dr. Biden at Joining Forces with the Colorado Rockies event
- Remarks by the First Lady and Dr. Biden in Press Availability
- Remarks by the First Lady and Dr. Biden during Operation Shower Drop By
- Remarks by the First Lady and Dr. Biden to Base Community
- Remarks by the President, the Vice President, the First Lady, and Dr. Biden at Launch of “Joining Forces” Initiative
- Presidential Proclamation–National Volunteer Week
- Presidential Proclamation–National Donate Life Month
- Presidential Proclamation–50th Anniversary of the Peace Corps
- Presidential Proclamation–American Red Cross Month, 2011
- Remarks by the President on Martin Luther King’s Birthday
- Presidential Proclamation–Martin Luther King, Jr., Federal Holiday
- President and First Lady, Vice President and Dr. Biden, Cabinet Secretaries, Senior Administration Officials to Honor Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service
- President Obama Announces More Key Administration Posts
- Proclamation for Release - National Hispanic-Serving Institutions Week, 2010
- President and First Lady, Vice President and Dr. Biden to Commemorate 9/11 and National Day of Service and Remembrance
- Presidential Proclamation–Patriot Day and National Day of Service and Remembrance
- Statement by the President on Mayor Richard M. Daley
- Remarks by the President Honoring the 2010 Presidential Citizens Medal Recipients
- President Obama Honors Winners of the 2010 Citizens Medal
- Remarks by the First Lady at Congressional Service Event
- Vice President Biden Kicks Off Five Days of Earth Day Activities with Announcement of Major New Energy Efficiency Effort
- Presidential Proclamation - National Donate Life Month
- The President Donates Nobel Prize Money to Charity
- President Obama Launches Citizens Medal Public Nomination Process
- Remarks by the President and First Lady in Honor of National Mentoring Month