Office of Media Affairs
Release Time: For Immediate Release WASHINGTON – President Obama’s previously postponed visit to Allison Transmission in Indianapolis has been rescheduled for Friday, May 6. The President will tour Allison’s facilities before speaking to workers about his long-term plan to protect consumers against rising oil prices and decrease oil imports while ensuring a cleaner, safer, and more secure energy future.
Release Time: For Immediate Release WASHINGTON – On Friday, April 8, President Obama will travel to Indianapolis to continue discussing his long-term plan to protect consumers against rising oil prices and decrease oil imports while ensuring a cleaner, safer, and more secure energy future. The President will tour the facilities of Allison Transmission before speaking to workers there. Allison Transmission is a leader in hybrid technology and the world’s largest manufacturer of fully-automatic transmissions for medium- and heavy-duty commercial vehicles, tactical military vehicles and hybrid-propulsion systems. In June 2010, Allison announced the dedication of a new hybrid facility, which once fully operational, will have the capacity to produce 20,000 commercial-duty hybrid propulsion systems each year.
Release Time: For Immediate Release The President Will Discuss the Importance of Out-Educating Our Competitors in Order to Win the Future WASHINGTON - On Friday, February 18, 2011, President Obama will visit Intel Corporation in Hillsboro, Oregon. While there, he will tour the world’s most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facility with Intel CEO Paul Otellini.
Release Time: For Immediate Release WASHINGTON, DC – During Black History Month, Americans from around the country will celebrate the creativity, determination, and progress that African Americans have made to our nation’s identity and culture.
Release Time: For Immediate Release WASHINGTON—On Thursday, February 10, President Obama will travel to Marquette, Michigan, where local businesses have been able to grow as a result of broadband access, with particular benefit in exporting goods to new markets around the world. In his State of the Union Address, the President called for a National Wireless Initiative to help businesses extend the next generation of wireless coverage to 98 percent of the population. The next generation wireless network in Marquette is an effective demonstration of how the President’s proposal to open up airwaves will spark new innovation, put people back to work, grow the economy and help America win the future.
- President Obama's Plan to Win the Future by Making American Businesses More Energy Efficient through the "Better Buildings Initiative"
- President Obama to Visit Manitowoc, WI
- Declaraciones del Presidente acerca la votacin sobre la Ley DREAM por el Senado
- Senior Advisor David Axelrod and Deputy NEC Director Diana Farrell to Discuss Impact of Historic Wall Street Reform Bill on Families and Businesses
- Gov. Granholm, Administration Officials to Preview the President's Trip to Holland, Michigan
- CONFERENCE CALL: Administration Officials to Preview the President's Upcoming Visit to Kansas City, Missouri
- Secretary LaHood, Jared Bernstein to Preview President Obama's Visit to Columbus, Ohio
- 3 PM EDT Today: Top Officials to Preview President Obama’s Remarks on the Economy in California