NEW DELHI - The process of forming a joint parliamentary committee to probe the 2G spectrum scam was completed Tuesday with the Rajya Sabha nominating 10 of its members to the panel.
NEW DELHI - Communications Minister Kapil Sibal Tuesday defended the government and focussed on the flawed policies framed under the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) as he moved a motion in the Rajya Sabha to set up a Joint Parliamentary Committee to probe the 2G spectrum scam.
NEW DELHI - Ruckus by opposition MPs over various issues, including the plight of farmers in Madhya Pradesh, the 1984 anti-Sikh riots, caste census and phone tapping, led to disruptions in both houses of parliament Tuesday.
NEW DELHI - The 10 Rajya Sabha members for the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) to probe the spectrum scam and the telecom policy are to be announced Tuesday.
NEW DELHI - Ruckus by opposition MPs over the 1984 anti-Sikh riots, caste census and phone tapping disrupted question hour in both houses of parliament Tuesday.
- Mamata recites Lata’s song
- Pranab loses cool, Lok Sabha adjourned
- Lok Sabha adjourned briefly after MP falls sick
- 30-member JPC formed to probe 2G scam, telecom policy
- Congress MPs add to Telangana chorus, Lok Sabha disrupted (Roundup)
- Lok Sabha adjourned over Telangana issue
- Congress MPs add to Telangana chorus, disrupt Lok Sabha (Second Lead)
- Congress MPs from Telangana disrupt Lok Sabha
- Telangana protests force Lok Sabha disruption
- Congress MPs raise Telangana issue in Lok Sabha
- Government gives in, announces JPC (Roundup)
- PM’s announcement of JPC tasteless: Jaitley
- BJP welcomes PM’s announcement on JPC
- If Raja wants to join debate, will consider: Meira Kumar
- Under pressure, PM announces JPC into 2G scam (Second Lead)
- PM agrees to JPC probe, says parliament can’t be paralysed
- This is victory of democracy: BJP on JPC
- Manmohan Singh agrees to JPC on 2G spectrum scam
- PM to make statement on JPC in Parliament
- Tackling corruption, ushering reforms top priorities: President (Roundup)
- Tackling corruption, inflation priority, says President Patil (Third Lead)
- Manmohan Singh hopes Budget session will be peaceful, productive
- PM hopeful of peaceful, productive budget session of Parliament
- PM hopeful budget session will be productive (Second Lead)
- Parliament session begins Monday; JPC announcement likely Wednesday
- PM attends speaker’s all-party meeting
- Speaker, party leaders optimistic about budget session
- South Asia committed to democracy: Lok Sabha speaker
- Parliament deadlock: All-party meet called by Mukherjee remains inconclusive
- Speaker hopeful of way out, opposition parties stick to stand
- PM, vice president attend prayer meet at Gandhi Smriti
- Indian parliamentary delegation calls off Egypt visit
- Meira Kumar to lead MPs team to Egypt
- Country-wide programmes to mark National Voters’ Day
- Congress distances from Sibal’s remarks after court rebuke