Release Time: For Immediate Release MEMORANDUM FOR THE HEADS OF EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES SUBJECT:Managing Government Records Section 1. Purpose. This memorandum begins an executive branch wide effort to reform records management policies and practices. Improving records management will improve performance and promote openness and accountability by better documenting agency actions and decisions. Records transferred to the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) provide the prism through which future generations will understand and learn from our actions and decisions. Modernized records management will also help executive departments and agencies (agencies) minimize costs and operate more efficiently. Improved records management thus builds on Executive Order 13589 of November 9, 2011 (Promoting Efficient Spending), which directed agencies to reduce spending and focus on mission critical functions.
Release Time: For Immediate Release Via Video Teleconference 10:42 A.M.
Release Time: For Immediate Release Thomas Jefferson High School Alexandria, Virginia 11:17 A.M.
Release Time: For Immediate Release WASHINGTON, DC -- Today, at Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology in Alexandria, Virginia, President Obama signed the America Invents Act, historic patent reform legislation that will help American entrepreneurs and businesses bring their inventions to market sooner, creating new businesses and new jobs.
Release Time: For Immediate Release Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Remarks by the President on Fuel Efficiency Standards
- President Obama Announces Historic 54.5 mpg Fuel Efficiency Standard
- Background on President Obama's Fuel Efficiency Event Today
- Background on the President's Event in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Today
- Remarks by Vice President Biden Marking the 50th Anniversary of President Kennedy's "Moon Shot" Speech, As Prepared For Delivery
- Administration Releases Strategy to Protect Online Consumers and Support Innovation and Fact Sheet on National Strategy for Trusted Indentities in Cyberspace
- Background on the President's Town Hall at the Gamesa Plant in Fair Hills, Pennsylvania
- Remarks by the President on the Clean Fleet Partnership in Landover, Maryland
- Remarks by the President at Access to Capital and Tax Breaks Breakout Session in Cleveland, Ohio
- White House Releases New Report on American Innovation
- Vice President Biden Announces Plan to Put One Million Advanced Technology Vehicles on the Road by 2015
- Remarks by Vice President Joe Biden at the Recovery Act Innovation Report Event
- Remarks by the President in Holland, Michigan on Investing in Clean Energy
- Background on the President’s Event in Holland, Michigan Today
- Department of Energy Releases New Report on Economic Impact of Recovery Act Advanced Vehicle Investments