Release Time: For Immediate Release By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including chapter 47 of title 10, United States Code (Uniform Code of Military Justice, 10 U.S.C.
Release Time: For Immediate Release EXECUTIVE ORDER IMPROVING AMERICAN INDIAN AND ALASKA NATIVE EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES AND STRENGTHENING TRIBAL COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby order as follows: Section 1. Policy. The United States has a unique political and legal relationship with the federally recognized American Indian and Alaska Native (AI/AN) tribes across the country, as set forth in the Constitution of the United States, treaties, Executive Orders, and court decisions. For centuries, the Federal Government's relationship with these tribes has been guided by a trust responsibility a long standing commitment on the part of our Government to protect the unique rights and ensure the well-being of our Nation's tribes, while respecting their tribal sovereignty. In recognition of that special commitment and in fulfillment of the solemn obligations it entails Federal agencies must help improve educational opportunities provided to all AI/AN students, including students attending public schools in cities and in rural areas, students attending schools operated and funded by the Department of the Interior's Bureau of Indian Education (BIE), and students attending postsecondary institutions including Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs). This is an urgent need. Recent studies show that AI/AN students are dropping out of school at an alarming rate, that our Nation has made little or no progress in closing the achievement gap between AI/AN students and their non-AI/AN student counterparts, and that many Native languages are on the verge of extinction.
Release Time: For Immediate Release CONTINUANCE OF CERTAIN FEDERAL ADVISORY COMMITTEES By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and consistent with the provisions of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended (5 U.S.C.
Release Time: For Immediate Release By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C.
Release Time: For Immediate Release TO THE CONGRESS OF THE UNITED STATES: Pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C.
- Executive Order — Promoting Efficient Spending
- Executive Order — Reducing Prescription Drug Shortages
- Executive Order — Structural Reforms to Improve the Security of Classified Networks and the Responsible Sharing and Safeguarding of Classified Information
- Executive Order — Emergency Board to Investigate Disputes Between Certain Railroads
- Message from the President to Congress Regarding the District of Columbia’s 2012 Budget Request Act
- Executive Order–Continuance of Certain Federal Advisory Committees
- Executive Order–Developing an Integrated Strategic Counterterrorism Communications Initiative
- Executive Order–Establishing a Coordinated Government-wide Initiative to Promote Diversity and Inclusion in the Federal Workforce
- Blocking Property of the Government of Syria and Prohibiting Certain Transactions with Respect to Syria
- Executive Order–Blocking Property of Transnational Criminal Organizations
- Executive Order–Interagency Working Group on Coordination of Domestic Energy Development and Permitting in Alaska
- Executive Order–Regulation and Independent Regulatory Agencies
- Executive Order–Coordinating Policies on Automotive Communities and Workers
- Executive Order–SelectUSA Initiative
- Executive Order–Delivering an Efficient, Effective, and Accountable Government
- Executive Order - Establishment of the White House Rural Council
- Obama Administration Establishes White House Rural Council to Strengthen Rural Communities
- Executive Order–Blocking Property of Senior Officials of the Government of Syria
- Executive Order –Blocking Property of Certain Persons with Respect to Human Rights Abuses in Syria
- Executive Order–Streamlining Service Delivery and Improving Customer Service
- Executive Order — Prohibiting Certain Transactions with Respect to North Korea
- Executive Order–Amendments to Executive Orders 12824, 12835, 12859, and 13532, Reestablishment Pursuant to Executive Order 13498, and Revocation of Executive Order 13507
- Executive Order–Extending Provisions of the International Organization Immunities Act
- Executive Order–Periodic Review of Individuals Detained at Guantnamo Bay Naval Station Pusuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force
- Executive Order–Libya
- Executive Order — Establishment of the Intellectual Property Enforcement Advisory Committees
- Executive Order — The President’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness
- Executive Order Federal Advisory Committees
- Improving Regulation and Regulatory Review - Executive Order
- Executive Order - Recruiting and Hiring Students and Recent Graduates
- Executive Order — Adjustments of Certain Rates of Pay
- Executive Order–White House Council for Community Solutions
- Executive Order — Fundamental Principles and Policymaking Criteria for Partnerships with Faith-Based and Other Neighborhood Organizations
- Executive Order — Export Coordination Enforcement Center
- Executive Order — Controlled Unclassified Information