Energy & Environment
Release Time: For Immediate Release MEMORANDUM FOR THE HEADS OF EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES SUBJECT: Implementation of Energy Savings Projects and Performance-Based Contracting for Energy Savings The Federal Government owns and operates nearly 3 billion square feet of Federal building space.
Release Time: For Immediate Release Upgrades Will Create Tens of Thousands of Jobs and Save Billions WASHINGTON, DC – President Obama today announced (www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/bbi_factsheet_final_clean_12-1-2011.pdf) nearly $4 billion in combined federal and private sector energy upgrades to buildings over the next 2 years.
Release Time: For Immediate Release TO THE CONGRESS OF THE UNITED STATES: Consistent with section 7422(c)(2) of title 10, United States Code, I am informing you of my decision to extend the period of production of the Naval Petroleum Reserves for a period of 3 years from April 5, 2012, the expiration date of the currently authorized period of production.
Release Time: For Immediate Release The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) today announced that the Administration cut wasteful improper payments by $17.6 billion dollars in 2011 as part of the Obama Administration’s Campaign to Cut Waste, fueled by decreases in payment errors in Medicare, Medicaid, Pell Grants, and Food Stamps. Combined with the improper payment cuts in 2010, agencies have avoided making over $20 billion in improper payments in the two years since President Obama issued an Executive Order initiating an aggressive campaign against wasteful payment errors.
Release Time: For Immediate Release BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA A PROCLAMATION As Americans, we have a responsibility to ensure future generations benefit from an abundance of natural resources and a healthy planet. To meet this obligation, we must take steps to consume carefully, recycle a wide variety of products and materials, and reuse whenever possible. On America Recycles Day, we celebrate the commitment of individuals across our country to live sustainably, and we rededicate ourselves to thoughtful resource management at home and in the workplace.
- Message from the President to the Senate — Agreement on Port State Measures to Prevent, Deter, and Eliminate Illegal, Unreported, and Unregulated Fishing
- Statement by the President on the State Department’s Keystone XL Pipeline Announcement
- Presidential Proclamation — Establishment of the Fort Monroe National Monument
- President Obama to Sign Proclamation Designating Fort Monroe a National Monument
- Presidential Proclamation — National Forest Products Week, 2011
- Presidential Proclamation — National Energy Action Month, 2011
- Presidential Proclamation — National Public Lands Day
- Remarks by President Obama and President Clinton at Clinton Global Initiative
- Memorandum Regarding Pelly Certification and Icelandic Whaling
- Message from the President to Congress
- Remarks by the President
- President Obama Signs Virginia Disaster Declaration
- President Obama Signs Pennsylvania Disaster Declaration
- President Obama Signs Rhode Island Disaster Declaration
- President Obama Signs Massachusetts Disaster Declaration
- President Obama Signs New Hampshire Disaster Declaration
- Zichal Blog Post: Cleaner Air and a Stronger Economy - A Record of Success
- Letter from OIRA Administrator Cass Sunstein to EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson on Ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standards
- Statement by the President on the Ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standards
- Presidential Proclamation–National Wilderness Month
- Vice President Biden Announces New Private Sector Backing for Five Pioneering Energy Companies
- President Obama Announces Major Initiative to Spur Biofuels Industry and Enhance America’s Energy Security
- Statement from National Security Council Spokesman Tommy Vietor on U.S.-Brazil Strategic Energy Dialogue Launch
- White House Announces First Ever Oil Savings Standards for Heavy Duty Trucks, Buses
- Executive Order–Interagency Working Group on Coordination of Domestic Energy Development and Permitting in Alaska
- Presidential Proclamation–Earth Day
- President Obama Announces Presidential Delegation to Kyiv, Ukraine to attend the Kyiv Summit on the Safe and Innovative Use of Nuclear Energy and Chornobyl Pledging Conference
- President Obama Signs North Dakota Emergency Declaration
- Background on the President's Town Hall at the Gamesa Plant in Fair Hills, Pennsylvania
- Remarks by the President on the Clean Fleet Partnership in Landover, Maryland
- Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jay Carney, Secretary of Energy Steven Chu and Deputy Assistant to the President for Energy and Climate Change Heather Zichal, 3/30/2011
- Remarks by the President on America’s Energy Security
- FACT SHEET: America’s Energy Security
- President Obama Signs Washington Disaster Declaration
- Remarks of President Barack Obama at Orion Energy Systems As Prepared for Delivery