Release Time: For Immediate Release WASHINGTON, DC – Today, the Obama Administration released a report, Education and the American Jobs Act: Creating Jobs through Investments in Our Nation’s Schools, and interactive maps that highlight estimated benefits that states and local school districts would receive if Congress acts to pass the American Jobs Act. The White House report provides an analysis of the condition of America’s schools, which have fallen into disrepair, as well as the difficult budget environment facing school districts and teachers nationwide. In order to address these critical needs, President Obama proposed $25 billion to renovate and modernize more than 35,000 public schools and $5 billion to upgrade infrastructure at America’s community colleges through the American Jobs Act, as well as $30 billion to keep hundreds of thousands of educators in the classroom.
Release Time: For Immediate Release WASHINGTON - The White House today will announce new rules proposed by the U.S.
Release Time: For Immediate Release The President said that Congress cannot go home without preventing a tax increase on 160 million hardworking Americans, and the deal announced tonight meets that test.
Release Time: For Immediate Release This Congress needs to do its job and stop the tax hike that’s scheduled to affect 160 million Americans in 18 days. This is not a time for Washington Republicans to score political points against the President. It’s not a time to refight old ideological battles. And it’s not a time to break last summer’s bipartisan agreement and hurt the middle class by cutting things like education, clean energy, and veterans’ programs without asking the wealthiest Americans to pay their fair share. This is a time to help the middle class and all those trying to reach it by extending a tax cut worth $1,000 for the average family. The President has been very clear: Congress should not finish their business before finishing the business of the American people. They cannot go on vacation before agreeing to prevent a tax hike on 160 million Americans and extending unemployment insurance. That is simply inexcusable in this economy. It is our expectation that in the eleventh hour Congressional Republicans and Democrats will come to an agreement to protect the middle class and finish their budget work for the year.
Release Time: For Immediate Release Department of Health and Human Services Takes New Steps to Prevent Medicare Fraud As part of the Obama Administration’s Campaign to Cut Waste, Vice President Biden today announced the U.S.
- WEEKLY ADDRESS: Ensuring a Fair Shot for the Middle Class
- Remarks by the President on the Economy in Osawatomie, Kansas
- WEEKLY ADDRESS: Extending and Expanding the Payroll Tax Cut
- Statement by the President
- Transatlantic Economic Council: Readout
- Remarks by the President on the American Jobs Act
- Presidential Proclamation — Critical Infrastructure Protection Month, 2011
- FACT SHEET: High-Level Working Group on Jobs and Growth
- Message from the President - Small Business Saturday, 2011
- President Obama to Travel to Scranton, Pennslyvania
- Remarks by the President on the American Jobs Act
- Statement by the President on the Supercommittee
- WEEKLY ADDRESS: Creating an Economy Built to Last
- Presidential Proclamation — National Farm-City Week, 2011
- Statement by President Obama on Commercial Agreement Between Boeing and Lion Air
- Remarks by President Obama and Prime Minister Singh of India before Bilateral Meeting
- Statement from the President on the Passage of Tax Credits to Help Get Veterans Back to Work
- We Can’t Wait: Obama Administration Proposes Historic Fuel Economy Standards to Reduce Dependence on Oil, Save Consumers Money at the Pump
- We Can't Wait: Agencies Cut Nearly $18 Billion in Improper Payments, Announce New Steps for Stopping Government Waste
- Remarks by the First Lady at Jobs Fair
- President Obama Announces More Key Administration Posts
- News Conference by President Obama
- Statement from the President on Senate Vote in Favor of Tax Credits to Help Get Veterans Back to Work
- White House Hosts African American Policy in Action Leadership Conference
- Remarks by the President at Signing of Executive Order to Cut Waste and Promote Efficient Spending Across the Federal Government
- Remarks by the President on Tax Credits Included in the American Jobs Act and New Executive Actions that Will Help Get Veterans Back to Work
- We Can’t Wait: Leading Veterans Organizations Back Returning Heroes, Wounded Warrior Tax Credits; President Obama Announces Initiatives to Get Veterans Back to Work
- We Can’t Wait: Obama Administration Announces New Initiatives to Get Veterans Back to Work
- Cannes G-20 Communique
- White House Launches 2011 Campus “Champions of Change” Challenge
- Remarks by the President Urging Congress to Pass the Infrastructure Piece of the American Jobs Act
- President Obama Urges Congress to Put Construction Workers Back on the Job
- WEEKLY ADDRESS: “We Can’t Wait” to Strengthen the Economy and Create Jobs
- Presidential Memorandum — Accelerating Technology Transfer and Commercialization of Federal Research in Support of High-Growth Businesses
- Presidential Memorandum — Making it Easier for America’s Small Businesses and America’s Exporters to Access Government Services to Help Them Grow and Hire