Release Time: For Immediate Release WASHINGTON— In this week’s address, President Obama expressed the gratitude of the entire nation to the brave men and women who have served in the war in Iraq, and welcomed our troops home as we mark the official end to the war. This historic achievement would not be possible without the skill and dedication of the men and women of the United States Armed Forces. They prove every day that when we come together, there is nothing we cannot do. Now it’s time to follow their example, put aside partisanship, and rebuild our economy so that every American who wants to work can find a job, and everyone has the opportunity to make it if they try.
Release Time: For Immediate Release Fort Bragg, North Carolina 11:52 A.M.
Release Time: For Immediate Release BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA A PROCLAMATION On a serene Sunday morning 70 years ago, the skies above Pearl Harbor were darkened by the bombs of Japanese forces in a surprise attack that tested the resilience of our Armed Forces and the will of our Nation.
Release Time: For Immediate Release “We must come together to prevent, detect, and fight every kind of biological danger – whether it is a pandemic like H1N1, a terrorist threat, or a treatable disease.” - President Obama, United Nations General Assembly, September 22, 2011 Today, the States Parties to the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention (BWC) are meeting in Geneva for the start of the Seventh Review Conference (RevCon) of the Biological Weapons Convention to evaluate the implementation of the treaty and chart a course for the coming years. To underscore the importance the United States places on the BWC as a critical tool to help counter biological threats, the President has asked Secretary of State Clinton to lead the United States delegation to the RevCon, where she will deliver the opening statement for the United States on December 7th.
Location: Prime Minister's Residence, Baghdad, Iraq 12:45 P.M.
- Statement by the Press Secretary on H.R. 398, H.R. 2447, and S. 1412
- Fact Sheet: Excess Defense Article (EDA) F-16 Refurbishment
- Remarks by President Obama to U.S. and Australian Service Members
- Prime Minister Gillard and PresidentObama Announce Force Posture Initiatives
- Remarks by President Obama and Prime Minister Gillard of Australia in Joint Press Conference
- Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jay Carney, Deptuy National Security Advisor for Strategic Communications Ben Rhodes and NSC Senior Director for Asia Danny Russel
- WEEKLY ADDRESS: Honoring our Veterans for their Service and Sacrifice
- Veterans Day Op-ed by Vice President Biden and Dr. Jill Biden
- Notice — Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Message — Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Continuation of the National Emergency with respect to Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Remarks by the President on Tax Credits Included in the American Jobs Act and New Executive Actions that Will Help Get Veterans Back to Work
- We Can’t Wait: Leading Veterans Organizations Back Returning Heroes, Wounded Warrior Tax Credits; President Obama Announces Initiatives to Get Veterans Back to Work
- We Can’t Wait: Obama Administration Announces New Initiatives to Get Veterans Back to Work
- Presidential Proclamation — Veterans Day, 2011
- Presidential Proclamation — Military Family Month, 2011
- Remarks by the President on Ending the War in Iraq
- Remarks by Dr. Biden and the First Lady at Major League Baseball-Joining Forces Event
- Remarks by the President and the First Lady on the American Jobs Act and Joining Forces
- First Lady Michelle Obama Announces Major Private Sector Commitment to Hire 25,000 Veterans and Military Spouses in Support of Joining Forces
- Op-ed by First Lady Michelle Obama in The Fayetteville Observer: Military Families Deserve the Spotlight
- Presidential Proclamation–Gold Star Mother’s and Family’s Day, 2011
- Notice regarding the Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Persons Who Commit, Threaten to Commit, or Support Terrorism
- Statement by the President on the Repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell
- Presidential Proclamation — National POW/MIA Recognition Day, 2011
- Fact Sheet: Implementing Missile Defense in Europe
- Op-ed by First Lady Michelle Obama in USA Today: Support our military families
- President Obama to Award Medal of Honor
- Remarks by the President at 93rd Annual Conference of the American Legion
- Statement by the President on the 13th Anniversary of the Embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania
- Readout of President Obama’s calls on Afghanistan today
- Statement of President Obama on Casualties in Afghanistan
- Fact Sheet: President Obama's Commitment to Employing America's Veterans
- Remarks by the First Lady and Dr. Biden at Joining Forces Military Family Cookout
- Statement by the President on the death of General John M. Shalikashvhili