HAVANA, CUBA (GaeaTimes.com)- The Cuban firebrand leader Fidel Castro despite his age does not stop venting out his feelings on global political developments.
WASHINGTON - A Guantanamo Bay detainee who says he was waterboarded lost a legal battle Friday when a federal appeals court ruled that the Obama administration can keep information secret that the prisoner wanted to make public.
CARACAS, Venezuela - The Nobel Prize in literature brings a long-awaited accolade to Peruvian author Mario Vargas Llosa, and also a new platform for him to assail leftist leaders Hugo Chavez of Venezuela and Fidel Castro of Cuba.
l latHAVANA - Washington is working on a plan to bring the vast majority of exiled Cuban political prisoners from Spain to the United States and has already processed the first case, a senior State Department official told The Associated Press on Monday.
HAVANA - At least seven dissidents due to be freed from Cuban jails under an agreement reached with the help of the Roman Catholic Church do not want to leave their homeland for exile in Spain, the island's top cardinal said Friday.
- Israeli leaders praise Fidel Castro
- Wife of detained US contractor visits him in Cuba
- Cuban man who sewed mouth shut collapses
- US fights order to release Guantanamo detainee
- Small signal, big meaning? Castro in military duds
- Full appeals court refuses to rehear Gitmo ruling
- Fidel Castro: Osama bin Laden is a US agent
- Venezuela prez spends 5 hours with Fidel Castro
- Bilderberg Group Fascinates Fidel Castro
- Fidel Castro fascinated by book on Bilderberg Club
- American Ballet Theatre visiting Cuba in November
- US weighs easing of Cuba travel restrictions
- AP sources: US weighs Cuba travel restrictions
- Gitmo trial delayed due to attorney's illness
- Friday The 13th: Fidel Castro Turns 84
- Prosecutors: Gitmo inmate took pride in slaying
- Fidel Castro makes 1st official govt appearance
- Fidel Castro to attend session of Cuba parliament
- AP Exclusive: CIA whisked detainees from Gitmo
- Venezuela demands US explain diplomat's remarks
- Cuban ex-hunger striker Farinas home from hospital
- Fidel Castro visits town outside Havana
- Simon Bolivar an obsession for Venezuela's Chavez
- Cuba replaces health minister in Cabinet shake-up
- 3 new Cuban dissidents arrive in Spain
- Spain predicts thaw in US and EU ties with Cuba
- Spain predicts thaw in US-Cuba ties
- Cuba dissidents told Spain exile muddles US asylum
- Cuban dissidents claim they were misled by Spain
- Spain to take 9 more Cuban political prisoners
- Court OKs 2nd Gitmo prisoner's move to Algeria
- Fidel appears with Cuban ambassadors, warns of war
- Cuban prisoners say they shared cells with rats
- Cuban dissidents enjoy new-found freedom in Spain
- Cuban dissidents face uncertain future in Spain