COLOMBO - Sri Lanka has denied access to three Indian politicians who arrived here to take part in the funeral of the slain Tamil Tigers chief's mother.
COLOMBO - A court in Sri Lanka Friday ordered the release of 136 Indian fishermen who had been kept in custody in the island's northern Jaffna region, a media report said.
COLOMBO - South Asian countries have sent out a message to the world by coming together to promote and protect democracy, said Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar as the guest of honour at a regional conference of parliamentarians here Saturday.
COLOMBO - Sri Lanka's main opposition party Wednesday staged a protest in the capital demanding the release of former army commander General Sarath Fonseka.
COLOMBO - Sri Lankans have made several "positive contributions to American culture", said US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on the eve of Sri Lanka's Independence Day anniversary.
- Fishermen’s killing: Sri Lanka wants more information
- Maha Bodhi attack: Sri Lanka asks India for security of monks
- Fisherman’s death: India protests killing, Sri Lanka denies incident (Roundup)
- Sri Lanka calls local elections for March
- Sri Lanka to conduct population census
- Sri Lanka to drop colonial Ceylon from official names
- Sri Lanka drops last references to Ceylon
- US donates ambulances for Sri Lanka Army
- Sri Lanka’s national anthem now only in Sinhala; Tamil version out
- Sri Lankan minister protests against Tamil rally in London
- Sri Lanka, Pakistan seek closer ties
- Pakistani president starts four-day visit to Sri Lanka
- India opens consulate in Jaffna, launches Northern Railway line
- India now wary of Tamil issue, says daily (Lead, Superseding earlier story)
- India, Sri Lanka now understand Tamil ethnic issues: Lankan daily
- India, Sri Lanka take ties to new heights
- India asks Sri Lanka to launch dialogue for political settlement
- Krishna meets Sri Lankan President
- Indian external affairs minister arrives in Sri Lanka
- New Sri Lankan cabinet sworn in
- Sri Lanka orders Red Cross to close northern offices
- Sri Lanka’s president sworn in for second term
- Sri Lanka’s president to start second term Friday
- Sri Lankan activists slam PM’s plan to ordain boys as ‘Buddhist monks’ over sexual abuse fears
- Demand for release of ex-army chief in Sri Lanka
- Rajapaksa endorses jail sentence for ex-army chief
- Trial opens against Sri Lankan former army chief
- Court martial politically motivated: Sri Lanka’s ex-army chief
- Sri Lankan parliament extends presidential term
- Sri Lanka removes term limits for presidency
- Sri Lanka removes 2-term limit for presidency
- Sri Lanka debates ending term limits for president
- Sri Lanka opposition boycotts parliament
- Sri Lanka debates ending president's term limit
- Sri Lanka opposition resists more powers to president