BEIJING - Police detained at least three people at the site of a "jasmine" protest in Shanghai, China Sunday as hundreds of people refused orders to leave the area, sources said.
BEIJING - The correspondents and camera teams of Germany's two public broadcasting networks were detained by Chinese police Sunday, with one of the teams released several hours later.
BEIJING - China's first small "jasmine" gatherings could escalate into widespread democracy protests that the ruling Communist Party would be unlikely to crush with military force, said an exiled former student leader of China's 1989 democracy movement.
BEIJING - Chinese Railway Minister Liu Zhijun was Friday sacked from his post for "severe violation of discipline", Xinhua news agency reported.
BEIJING - China has ramped up its online censorship efforts, with LinkedIn, a social networking site for professionals, the latest site to be blocked as authorities apparently move to snuff out efforts to organise anti-government protests.
- Chinese railway minister sacked for indiscipline
- 12,000 Chinese evacuated from Libya
- China, Pakistan pledge to improve military cooperation
- Open letters call for protests in more Chinese cities
- ‘China could have social turmoil if public governance fails’
- Unrest spreads in Arab world, scalds China (Intro Roundup)
- Arab world unrest spreads, scalds China (Roundup)
- Protesters gather in Beijing, Shanghai
- Chinese minister sacked from party post
- China sends planes to Egypt for stranded nationals
- When Wen Jiabao heard people speak their heart out
- Flag hoisting row: Gadkari calls government repressive (Lead, changing dateline)
- Gadkari visit: China acknowledges India’s concerns, seeks resolution
- Make flag-hoisting at Srinagar all-party event: Gadkari
- Gadkari in China on ‘first ever goodwill visit’
- Gadkari in Beijing for five-day visit
- New appeal for parole of ailing Chinese dissident
- Chinese think China-US ties important, survey shows
- Ad to show ‘friendly China’ during Hu’s visit to US
- US defence secretary discusses n-arms strategy with China
- China denies Indian border incursion
- China urges US to halt Taiwan arms sales
- Chinese, US defence ministers meet to strengthen military ties
- US defence chief wants China visit to end ‘misunderstandings’
- US envoy holds talks on North Korea in Beijing
- China puts history of communist party online
- Japan PM might visit China to improve the soured bilateral ties
- China invites South Africa to join BRIC group
- China, India against trouble on border: daily
- `Asia big enough ambitions of China, India’
- Chinese premier to visit India, Pakistan
- China chooses Taiwan politician for rival ‘peace prize’
- Obama discusses Koreas with Chinese president
- ‘China-Norway ties affected by Nobel Peace Prize’
- China, India target ‘fair, reasonable’ border solution