BARCELONA - Google's chief executive has praised a Middle Eastern executive of the US company, Wael Ghonim, for helping to organise the popular uprising that led Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak to resign last week.
BARCELONA, Spain - The Spanish tennis federation has pledged to boost its support of women's tennis after six of its top female players announced they will boycott the country's Fed Cup team.
MADRID - Ernest Hemingway was fascinated by bullfighting and artist Goya depicted it in some of his most famous paintings.
BARCELONA, Spain - Lawmakers in the region of Catalonia thrust a sword deep into Spain's centuries-old tradition of bullfighting, banning the blood-soaked pageant that has fascinated artists and writers from Goya to Hemingway.
BARCELONA - The north-eastern Spanish region of Catalonia Wednesday adopted a ground-breaking bullfighting ban that is dividing opinions in the rest of the country.
- Spanish region says adios to bullfighting
- Spanish region may say adios to bullfighting
- Spain parliament rejects banning burqas in public
- Catalans rally for greater autonomy within Spain
- Spain bulls gore 2 in scary run, 5 more injured
- Barcelona to ban burqa in municipal buildings
- Spain says Mediterranean Union summit postponed
- Barcelona wants to bid for 2022 Winter Olympics
- Internet activists push for greater democracy