BAGHDAD - At least 23 people were killed Friday as Iraq's newly-elected government of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki faced a massive protest amid calls for a "Day of Rage" demanding political reforms.
BAGHDAD/TRIPOLI - Protests in Iraq dramatically escalated with nine people demanding reforms and an end to corruption dying in clashes Friday as the killing spree continued in Libya with Muammar Gaddafi unleashing state forces to suppress the uprising against him.
BAGHDAD - At least nine Iraqis were killed Friday in protests as thousands of people demonstrated amid tight security, demanding economic reforms, better social services, more employment opportunities and an end to corruption.
BAGHDAD - Three protesters were killed in Iraq's Mosul town while another died in Kirkuk province during demonstrations in Iraq, a media report said.
BAGHDAD - Thousands of Iraqi protesters gathered in central Baghdad Friday amid tight security, demanding economic reforms, jobs and an end to corruption.
- Take to the streets, internet groups urge Iraqis
- One killed in Iraq protest
- Hundreds of Iraqis protest corruption, poor services
- Maliki controlled security forces abusing detainees at secret sites: HR Watch
- US Vice-President in Iraq for talks on US troops
- New Iraqi government approved, ending political stalemate
- Opposition leader agrees to join Maliki Government in Iraq
- Iraqi president assigns al-Maliki the task of government formation
- Iraq’s parliament speaker meets US, Iranian officials
- Iraqi political impasse ends with key positions filled
- Political impasse ends as Iraq appoints parliament speaker
- Iraq PM Maliki stays in power for second term with help of tentative deal
- Iraq apex court orders parliament to reconvene
- Kurd: Deal closer on settling Iraq political limbo
- Kurdish official: lawmakers to discuss al-Maliki
- New Maliki govt with anti-US Shiite Islamic support could complicate Iraq-US relationship
- Fortified border: Iraq on guard against Iran
- Iraqi leader sends envoys to exiled cleric in Iran
- Group of Iraqis deported from Europe return home
- Iraq approves settlement for Saddam's US victims
- US, Iraq sign deal to settle Saddam-era claims
- Iraqi soldier fires on US troops, kills 2
- Female, single, over 30: Iraqis count cost of war
- US moves into final military phase in Iraq
- US changes military commanders in Iraq
- US enters final phase of Iraq war
- Troops, families glad to hear end to Iraq combat
- Fearing the future, few Iraqis cheer US departure
- Biden says US won't abandon war-battered Iraq
- Biden says US won't abandon Iraq
- Biden arrives in Iraq to mark combat end
- Biden in Iraq to mark formal end to US combat
- US: $1.9M in computers for kids missing in Iraq
- More than 55 dead, 200 injured in Violence across Iraq
- Number of US troops in Iraq falls below 50,000