ATHENS - Greek police clashed with stone-throwing demonstrators Wednesday as thousands marched through Athens to protest against austerity measures imposed by the government, which is struggling to contain the country's budget-deficit crisis.
ATHENS - Government offices shut, shops pulled down their shutters and flights were cancelled across Greece Wednesday in a 24-hour nationwide strike, piling pressure on the government as it struggles to battle its budget-deficit crisis.
ATHENS - Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou said the strong support that voters gave his party in local elections Sunday is a clear indication of public backing for a wave of austerity measures to pull Greece out of massive debt.
ATHENS, Greece - A government official in Greece says authorities are inspecting a cargo ship suspected of carrying weapon parts from North Korea to Syria.
ATHENS - A man threw a shoe at Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou Saturday in protest against the socialist government's austerity measures.
- Animal rights group claims mass Greek mink release
- Chain-smoking Greeks face tough ban
- Israeli PM urges patience on new Palestinian talks
- Dimitrios Ioannidis, who toppled Greek junta, dies
- Piraeus Bank seeks stake in Greek state banks
- Greece says Gaza aid ship to sail to Egypt
- Merkel's bloc loses German state vote
- Athens stray dogs mingle at protest rallies
- Germany: aid to Athens only after austerity talks
- Former Greek PM Tzannetakis dies at 82
- Greece won't seek German reparations during crisis
- Prostitutes in Greece demand brothel license
- Greece farmers protest for subsidies
- World's mayors gather at climate summit
- Greek youths riot in Athens for 2nd day
- Greek youths clash with police for 2nd day
- More protests in Greece over 2008 police shooting
- Violence erupts on Greek riot anniversary
- Clashes break out on Greek riot anniversary
- Thousands of police in Athens for riot anniversary
- OSCE to tackle European security challenges
- West gives lukewarm response to Russian security pitch
- Fox CEO wants US to join France on Internet piracy