THIRUVANANTHAPURAM - At a time when elections are due in the state, Kerala assembly Wednesday took up a bill to circumvent last year's high court ruling against holding public meetings on the roadside.
NEW DELHI - The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) said Wednesday that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had "thrown up his hands" on corruption and price rise and had tried to justify the 2G spectrum pricing by comparing it to subsidies in the food and fertiliser sectors.
CHENNAI - More than 2,000 DMK members, including MPs and legislators, protesting the arrest of 106 Indian fishermen by Sri Lanka were arrested here Wednesday to prevent a march to the Sri Lankan Deputy High Commission.
KATHMANDU - Nepal's Maoist party, who had backed communist leader Jhala Nath Khanal to power a fortnight ago but then threatened to withdraw support following a row over ministries, is finally set to join the new government after getting its own way.
NEW DELHI - Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Wednesday said he had never felt like resigning because he had a job to do and there was a lot of unfinished business.
- More reforms will be unveiled in 2011-12 Budget: PM
- Not aware of methods used in FCFS spectrum allocation: PM
- I am not a culprit as being projected: PM
- No dilution of Space Commission decision on Devas: PM
- Wrongdoers behind CWG scam will not escape: PM
- Scams biggest regret, says PM
- Food inflation a problem but growth important, says Manmohan Singh
- India better prepared to tackle challenges posed by terrorism: PM
- Berlusconi trial will be presided over by three women judges
- Dawn of democracy anywhere has India’s good wishes: PM
- Not afraid of JPC, dead serious about bringing wrongdoers to book: Manmohan Singh
- Hope to break parliament deadlock: Manmohan
- Be objective in reporting India, PM tells media
- Too premature to speculate on next PM candidate: Manmohan
- We’re evolving consensus on Telangana: PM
- Never felt like quitting as I have a job to do: PM
- Corrupt will be severely punished: PM
- Two killed in Iran protests
- World marvels at India: PM
- Do not weaken the self-confidence of India: PM
- Government dead serious about tackling corruption: PM
- Bahrain king condoles protesters’ deaths
- India sees momentum for UN reform with US support
- Obama asks Pakistan to release Davis
- Spain demands apology from Iran for diplomat’s arrest