AGARTALA/KOHIMA/AIZAWL - Top priority must be given to tightening security and vigil at India's northeastern borders, chief ministers of the states in the region told a conference on internal security.
NEW DELHI - Reacting to former Telecom Minister A Raja's arrest, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) criticized the Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, on Wednesday saying he did not act when needed against a member of his Cabinet.
NEW DELHI - K. Subrahmanyam, the pre-eminent security and foreign policy thinker who played a key role in shaping government and public thinking on key issues and helped draft India's nuclear doctrine, died here Tuesday, leaving behind many admirers and followers in the country's strategic and diplomatic community.
SANA'A - Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh will not seek another term in office and called for the opposition to join him in a national unity alliance, in an address Wednesday to a joint session of both houses of parliament.
BAGHDAD - Security forces under the control of Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki are reportedly running secret detention sites in Baghdad where prisoners are being abused, the Human Rights Watch has claimed.
- Raja’s arrest won’t affect ties with DMK: Congress
- Our demand for JPC on 2G scam still stands: BJP
- Nepal PM poll to see four-cornered fight Thursday
- Biometric data base of MNREGA workers to be created
- Subrahmanyam was key architect of India’s security doctrine: Ansari
- Go home, army tells Egyptian protesters
- Amartya Sen links Dhaka movement with his fight against cancer
- Goa drug mafia issue handed over to CBI, says home minister
- Election Commission begins Assam visit
- Nepal PM poll to see three-cornered fight again
- Chidambaram says didn’t mislead Sushma Swaraj on Thomas
- Mubarak ready to quit, but vows to complete term (Second Lead)
- Gordon Brown ‘ordered’ Zardari to “take Osama bin Laden out”: WikiLeaks
- Kerala heads for final showdown in this assembly
- Yemeni president says will not run again
- Gogoi admits corruption under his rule
- Congress leader Venkataswamy plans for Telangana Congress
- Afghanistan president to visit India
- Hosni Mubarak: End Of Reign?
- Vladimir Putin praises female students who posed for ‘erotic’ calendar
- Gillard rejects Assange’s legal help plea over Wikileaks disclosure of US cables
- West Bengal CM warns of immediate action against Trinamool-Maoist nexus
- Gujarat cabinet expanded, six new ministers sworn in
- Egypt unrest: Pakistan to send special plane for citizens
- Resignation of Hindu lawmaker alarming, says Pakistani daily
- New Zealand PM John Key stands by ‘hot’ Liz Hurley comment
- Italian women to come together for ‘knicker-throwing’ Berlusconi protest
- Ethnic Indians among Malaysia’s title awardees
- Egypt’s transition must begin now: Obama
- Mubarak says he will quit, but only by September